Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Movie quote "tag"
Page 2 of 13
3456>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bdcribbs
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 390
IP: Logged
icon Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
This quote comes from a board meeting at the University of Illinois... oh wait, that was real life... not a movie... nevermind. (Ok, it was pepsico not coca-cola, but I digress)
08-04-2003 at 08:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bdcribbs
sorry... ignore this.. test second page bug, see "the site"->"second page bug"
08-04-2003 at 08:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
ErikH2000 wrote:
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
No way I would have known this if it wasn't just on the other day, and I happened to see this part...

Dr. Strangelove, Or how I learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb.

Next up:

Good luck with your layoffs, alright, I hope your firings go really, really well.

08-04-2003 at 03:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
That would be Office Space, right? Awesome movie.

Now let me think...

Okay, here is mine:

The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool.

Game on,

[Edited by Oneiromancer on 08-04-2003 at 06:14 PM]

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-04-2003 at 06:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Okay, it's been 24 hours, so I guess no-one is going to guess that the quote was from Almost Famous. No problem, here is a quote especially for zex: :D

There are some who call me...Tim.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-05-2003 at 06:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bdcribbs
That one is way too easy. The holy grail.

Hey, I know that guy! He's a nihilist!

I couldn't use the one I really wanted to cause it has bad language in it:
Click here to view the secret text

(If you haven't seen this movie, stop whatever you are doing and go rent it right now)

[Edited by bdcribbs on 08-05-2003 at 06:22 PM]

[Edited by bdcribbs on 08-05-2003 at 09:25 PM]
08-05-2003 at 06:19 PM
bdcribbs
Since no one is getting it, I'll add another quote as a hint, same movie:

Oh, the usual, driving around, bowling, the occasional acid flashback

If no one gets it by tommorow, I guess I'll have to switch movies.
08-05-2003 at 08:30 PM
Schik
Dude! Be patient - you only gave it a couple hours. Most people probably hadn't even seen it.

The Big Lebowski, great movie.

Okay, here's a pretty easy one:

I do wish we could chat longer, but I'm having an old friend for dinner.

08-05-2003 at 08:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
agaricus5
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1838
bdcribbs wrote:
I couldn't use the one I really wanted to cause it has bad language in it:
Click here to view the secret text
Ahem... First ever instance of language this bad on this forum that was not covered up... Thank you so much for not being polite enough to hide it a little better.

[Edited by agaricus5 on 08-05-2003 at 08:57 PM]

08-05-2003 at 08:55 PM
Oneiromancer
The Silence of the Lambs

...I think, I've only seen it once, and it was a long time ago.

Game on,

08-05-2003 at 08:55 PM
Schik
Oneiromancer wrote:
The Silence of the Lambs

...I think, I've only seen it once, and it was a long time ago.
You got it.

08-05-2003 at 08:56 PM
Oneiromancer
Here we go:

It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either.

And just because I want to add another quote (from the same movie, but a different person speaking):

I don't think that there's anything worse than being ordinary.

Game on,

08-05-2003 at 09:13 PM
ErikH2000
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: Re: Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
agaricus5 wrote:
Ahem... First ever instance of language this bad on this forum that was not covered up... Thank you so much for not being polite enough to hide it a little better.
Let's be cool about this. Personally, the swearing doesn't bother me at all except that we're in "mixed company" and people can take offense. On the other hand, I hate to get into the censorship business because then all sorts of rules have to be spelled out and it just gets dumb. So right now I'm not going to make rules about it. You should talk as though you were in a room filled with strangers young and old, religious and atheistic, liberal and conservative, etc. Probably blanked letters ("f***" ) would have better. But let's not argue about it. People have good intentions here.

-Erik

[Edited by ErikH2000 on 08-05-2003 at 09:21 PM GMT: Accidental smiley.]

08-05-2003 at 09:20 PM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Oneiromancer wrote:
It's okay. I wouldn't remember me either.
I don't think that there's anything worse than being ordinary.
Hey, I've got that one on DVD. American Beauty.

Next:

I can't believe I gave my panties to a geek!

08-06-2003 at 03:22 AM
Oneiromancer
Now, I know that Revenge of the Nerds has the line, "I can't believe I'm in love with a nerd," but I don't think that that's what this quote is from. Worth a shot though...

Game on,

08-06-2003 at 06:04 AM
Schik
bzzzzt. Try again.
But for the effort, here's another quote from the movie:

Donger's here for five hours, and he's got somebody. I live here my whole life, and I'm like a disease.

08-06-2003 at 06:10 AM
Oneiromancer
Not a clue. "Donger" rings no bell for me. Sorry.

Oh, yes, I wanted to mention that I have American Beauty on DVD too...loved it, awesome movie, one of the few I have sat through the audio commentary of.

Game on,

08-06-2003 at 08:15 AM
Schik
Okay, that was from Sixteen Candles.

Hmm.

How about:
These walls are kind of funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, gets so you depend on them. That's institutionalized. They send you here for life, that's exactly what they take. The part that counts, anyways.

08-07-2003 at 01:31 AM
Malarame
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 220
Schik wrote:
Okay, that was from Sixteen Candles.

Hmm.

How about:
These walls are kind of funny. First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, gets so you depend on them. That's institutionalized. They send you here for life, that's exactly what they take. The part that counts, anyways.
The Shawshank Redemption, unless I'm mistaken.

Person 1: You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Person 2: What do they call it?
Person 1: Royale with Cheese.

"I never forget a face, but in your case I'll be glad to make an exception."
-Groucho Marx
08-07-2003 at 01:43 AM
ErikH2000
Malarame wrote:
Person 1: You know what they call a Quarter Pounder with Cheese in Paris?
Person 2: What do they call it?
Person 1: Royale with Cheese.
Easy easy easy--Pulp Fiction.

Oh, now I gotta think of one...

"Ladies! Beautiful ladies!"

-Erik

08-07-2003 at 01:46 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Scott
Rank Points: 578
Not fair everytime someone posts a quote I know its already been answered and the ones not answered I don't know :~)
08-07-2003 at 02:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Re: DROD Conversion Project (0)  
I have exactly the same problem.

Matt

08-07-2003 at 02:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: Re: DROD Conversion Project (0)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
I have exactly the same problem.
Hey, Matt. There's something weird going on with your posts--they all have "DROD Conversion Project" in the subject.

-Erik

08-07-2003 at 04:52 AM
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Movie quote tag (0)  
Kickass! I am the owner of the DROD conversion project!

Actually, it's probably Mozilla. I recently decided to give it another go. It's a good browser and all, but I still have some niggles, such as replacing the subject and how it doesn't seem to support some really cool extensions that customise buttons.

And it can't download anything. ANYTHING.

But it's got my Gamasutra logon remembered, so if it goes I'm screwed. It also lets me do this cool thing where I can add a keyword in the bookmark, and I just type it in in the subject bar. And I can type (say) 'word x' and it'll look up 'x' in a dictionary I have bookmarked, which is cool as well.

But I disgress.

Matt

[Edited by Mattcrampy on 08-08-2003 at 08:08 AM GMT: My mood toward Mozilla changes.]

08-07-2003 at 11:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
ErikH2000
icon Re: Movie quote tag (0)  
Mattcrampy wrote:
Kickass! I am the owner of the DROD conversion project!
Heh. It all makes sense now. :)

-Erik

08-08-2003 at 12:02 AM
Oneiromancer
Psst...Erik, no one guessed your quote, can you give us another one?

Game on,

08-08-2003 at 08:28 AM
ErikH2000
Oneiromancer wrote:
Psst...Erik, no one guessed your quote, can you give us another one?
It's from Adventures of Baron Munchausen. Man, what's the matter with you people!

New one:

"I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!'"

-Erik

08-08-2003 at 03:58 PM
Schik
ErikH2000 wrote:
It's from Adventures of Baron Munchausen. Man, what's the matter with you people!
Oh geez. I haven't seen that in ages. Shoulda known you'd quote your alleged favorite...

"I want you to get up right now and go to the window, open it, and stick your head out, and yell, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!'"
Ahh, classic movie - Network.

Next up:

We'd have more luck playing pick-up sticks with our butt-cheeks than we will getting a flight out of here before daybreak.

08-08-2003 at 04:25 PM
Oneiromancer
ErikH2000 wrote:

Man, when I was a kid I watched that movie about 10 times, but I really don't remember that line. In fact, I don't really remember any lines from that movie, just images in my head of certain scenes.

Actually, now that I think of it, I vaguely remember that line (it's the Baron saying it, right, when he's old?), but I never would have guessed it in a million years.

Game on,

08-08-2003 at 04:57 PM
ErikH2000
icon Re: Re: Re: Re: Movie quote "tag" (0)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
Actually, now that I think of it, I vaguely remember that line (it's the Baron saying it, right, when he's old?), but I never would have guessed it in a million years.
Yes, the Baron is never too busy or too old to kiss women's hands and shower them with compliments. He says "Ladies, beautiful ladies!" at least twice in the movie, in a funny, awe-inspired way, like he is physically overwhelmed by their beauty.

Sounds like you gotta watch the thing again. It's the best movie!

-Erik

08-08-2003 at 05:17 PM
Page 2 of 13
3456>>
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Forum Games : Movie quote "tag"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No