Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Export Error from Build 29
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Quath
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
IP: Logged
icon Export Error from Build 29 (0)  
I am still a couple of builds behind because I can not export my data. I have an eight level hold I have been working on. If I export my hold and import it back, I only have 5 levels. The only weird thing I did was to have two levels with the same name. Not sure if that caused a problem. I have everything backed up, so I haven't permanently lost anything yet.

I included my drod1_6.dat and my .hold file.

Quath
07-22-2003 at 03:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5106
icon Re: Export Error from Build 29 (0)  
Yeah, this is the remnant of a bug in the earlier builds (that should be fixed now, but crept into your exported hold file). All the level information is there, but due to a corruption in the level info (that occurred during level editing, not export or import), on import it thinks there are only five levels. I added a check for this in the import process that will repair this corrupted level data. So, starting with build 32 you should be able to import this very hold file and get everything back correctly.

So...you could release your hold file to the masses now if it's ready, but I'd recommend waiting until build 32 is out, and even then put a strong warning with it that you need build 32 or later to repair the corrupted levels.

(Looks like a neat hold, btw! Can't wait to play it!)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-22-2003 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Quath
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 17
That is such a relief! I was afraid I would need to take a lot of screen shots and do some careful recreation of the missing levels. :glasses

I am about halfway through testing the hold. I will release it when build 32 comes out. I will just import/export it from build 32 so I don't need to warn anyone about which build to use.

Thanks for the bug fix,
Quath
07-22-2003 at 07:05 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5106
Oh, I almost forgot: the repair routine might be removed somewhere down the road. So once you import your hold and confirm that build 32 has indeed fixed it, I'd recommend re-exporting it and only releasing this new hold file publicly. (Then try deleting the hold and re-importing the new hold file. If this one imports without error, then throw away the original one!)

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
07-22-2003 at 07:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Export Error from Build 29
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com