Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Eets: Hunger. It's emotional (a new puzzle game!)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Beef Row
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 471
IP: Logged
icon Re: Eets: Hunger. It's emotional (0)  
BigFoot wrote:
Hey! I got tipped off that this thread was revived, so I thought I'd drop by and say hi :)

I totally understand that Eets is sort of a hit and miss game -- it's certainly not everybody's cup of tea. We did lower the price to 10 bucks to make the choice easier, though! Hopefully between that and a community that's steadily growing (but no where near as awesome as the DROD community ;)), you'll find it worth your time.

Thanks for the kudos, BDR!

At 10 bucks, I'm convinced!

Just as an aside, when I originally tried out Eets, the one hour time limit on the demo really kept me from forming enough of an opinion to decide if I wanted it. I prefer demos with a sampling of levels that really showcase the game, because that way I don't feel rushed and can check out the feel of the game leisurely. I can try the same levels a few times to see if there's multiple solutions, really get what the elements are all about.

One hour demos really make me feel like a game has something to hide, and its not aiming at lasting fun, but just a quick sale. I'm not sure how common that sentiment is, but I don't think that personally I've EVER bought a game based on a timed demo.

01-08-2007 at 11:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1486
Beef Row wrote:

One hour demos really make me feel like a game has something to hide, and its not aiming at lasting fun, but just a quick sale. I'm not sure how common that sentiment is, but I don't think that personally I've EVER bought a game based on a timed demo.

I can testify that there's nothing in Eets that needs to be hidden. In fact you miss most of the fun levels when you just have an hour of playing time. I like this game a lot, and it's really fun and easy to make new puzzles for it :)
01-08-2007 at 07:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
BigFoot
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
Yeah, I totally agree. That's why we actually changed our demo to a feature locked one, and also made the initial levels more fun and involving.

The feature lock even allows you to download and watch replays. You just can't play any custom puzzles.

This only happened in the last month, so we'll see if we get a more positive response with a feature locked version. I personally think our new demo is a huge improvement :)
01-10-2007 at 01:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
BDR
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 106
The demo's cool aside from one slight glitch: You get introduced to things in the demo that are then mentioned again in later introduction areas. Only a minor annoyance, however.

As for the rest of the actual game, the first half of the game is rather easy, but now that the four star puzzles are coming it's getting more interesting (though there's only one puzzle so far that's really stumped me and that's in Topsy Turvy Land [the 5th or 6th area in the main game]). If you play a few levels and find yourself getting bored by the easiness (I personally find it refreshing, but to each their own) there are ways to cut out some of the items offered to you in the levels by doing things differently, and you'll get trophies for doing this as well. There's a lot that require rather exact positioning and timing to pull off, but it's not terribly difficult to figure them out, and there are some that are a bit more straightforward.
01-10-2007 at 08:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
There are people who make quite hard usermade levles. A lot harder than anything you will find in the game :) You can find them easily at the Eets webpage.

01-10-2007 at 04:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
icon Re: Eets: Hunger. It's emotional (+1)  
If you own an xbox 360 you can now play this wonderful game for an even smaller sum than the cost of the PC version. You can also compete by trying to beat others highscores :)
04-28-2007 at 11:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Eets: Hunger. It's emotional (a new puzzle game!)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com