Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Big Wide World! (First Public Release.)
Page 4 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zaubberer
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 251
IP: Logged
icon Re: Big Wide World! (0)  
yeap! sometimes i'm really BLIND!!!!!

thnx!

zaubberer
:wizard
05-09-2006 at 11:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Big Wide World! (+2)  
New version, play The Don'ts with the sound on.

EDIT: Also, I forgot to mention, the Cells, and the Bookstore have voice acting as well. Is it okay?

ANOTHER EDIT: Okay, I decided. I'm going to release two versions of BWW. One without voiceacting, and one with only the main characters have voices. If I do everybody, I'll have a hold size of 200MB. I doubt people want that. Sound good?

[Last edited by Ezlo at 05-12-2006 12:09 PM]
05-10-2006 at 07:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Any reply would be appreciated.
05-12-2006 at 09:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
I thought the voices were great, but you have to be aware of their affect on file size. If there is still tons of speech that still needs to be recorded for this hold, you might want to consider lowering the sound quality a tidge.

05-12-2006 at 10:19 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
That was about 1/50 of the total expected dialogue. Methinks I need to tone it down. How does one go about doing so? I'm a virtual idiot when it comes to this type of stuff.
05-12-2006 at 10:29 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Yeah, I don't know how to either. That's not to say that I want to deter you from recording the other 49/50 of it, because a hold with that much speech that isn't nonsense is definately worthwhile. But as it stands now, we're looking at 5mb*50=250mb, so even cutting it down somehow by a factor of two or four would be good. And definately look into cutting corners for the script.

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 05-12-2006 10:53 PM]
05-12-2006 at 10:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
I think I'll try and cut down, but I;m not sure how much I can. Maybe I'll only give acting for a few choice characters. And the minor characters will remain voice-less.
05-12-2006 at 11:00 PM
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
icon Re: Big Wide World! (+1)  
Hey there Ezlo! I have explored more of your hold and I must say you are a quite impressive architect! What age are you, 14? Anyway, are you gonna have voice acting anytime soon? I'm dying for it. When are you gonna resume progress on the Pyramids? That was a great idea.

Keep posting,
-Jeremy

05-13-2006 at 02:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
In this update voice acting is in The Bookstore, The Cells, and The Dont's levels.

I'm 15, turning 16 soon.

The Pyramids I'm not quite sure when it will be finished, I'm toying with the idea of using TCB features in it, but who knows what there is so I'm not sure if I should wait or not.
05-13-2006 at 03:15 AM
Ezlo
icon Re: Big Wide World! (+1)  
New Version! Lots of cool stuff. I just forget what they are. ;)

One thing I do remember is that there's a new minigame in The World Quarce East. Try it out, at least three times in a row.
06-06-2006 at 07:37 PM
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
Is trying to use the stairway in The World 5S1W (the one with the building labelled 'ARENA') supposed to end the hold?

06-08-2006 at 02:41 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ezlo
I haven't even started that area yet, so yes. I'll decide whether or not I want to continue with it soon.
06-08-2006 at 02:50 AM
Hikari
Hm. Might want to put a scroll next to it warning testers about that ;)

Found a minor typo in Luck of the Draw 1N's scripts; the host introduces 'out' contestant. Not a huge big deal, but it's about all I've noticed other than that hold-ending stairway so far.

Also, is there supposed to be some way of getting past the yellow door at the north end of Roachu Bowling? I can't seem to find any way to trigger the door in such a way as to let me pass through it.

Also the exit to Roachu Bowling ends the hold.

OK, so I've been playing since making the initial post so there's stuff other than the typo! Bah!

[Last edited by Hikari at 06-08-2006 03:33 AM]
06-08-2006 at 03:20 AM
Ezlo
No! No! Keep going! Testing is good!
06-08-2006 at 12:29 PM
Hikari
Whee... working on more of it... Not found anything else that needs fixing yet, though I'll admit that at least at the point I'm at, I'm a little stumped by the underground lock and the message in a bottle. Hopefully once I get a few more clues on that it'll all become clear.

06-10-2006 at 09:38 AM
Ezlo
I'll give you a hint. Those two are not connected in any way shape or form.
06-10-2006 at 11:06 AM
Ezlo
Testing will be paused for a while, for a big change has happend in the upper managment. Everyone say "Hello!" to our new co-leader Pilchard the VII, who will be making the puzzles in Big Wide World while I focus on the story and the decorative rooms! Seriously folks, I just can't seem to make anymore puzzles. My brain just can't do it. I hope no one minds this, but it means that progress will be coming faster, and there will be more to testing when the testing occurs.
06-10-2006 at 10:24 PM
Jason
Rank Points: 1076
Click here to view the secret text

06-11-2006 at 07:19 AM
Jason
A bug. Carver's Clan 2S:
You can skip the puzzle. The green door comes down when you kill all the enemies, which is before the door that switches.

Can you understand or do I need to send a demo?

06-24-2006 at 02:52 PM
Ezlo
Yep. I got it. Thanks!
06-24-2006 at 03:01 PM
Ezlo
Okay! I would like one or two testers to help test for a little while, you have to be a caravelnet memeber, and able to help beta-test. Any volunteers? :|
06-27-2006 at 09:28 PM
Hikari
:raises hand: Me!

06-28-2006 at 04:33 AM
Jason
I would like to and am thinking about getting caravelnet but I don't think I will be in time. :(

06-28-2006 at 07:10 AM
Ezlo
Well, let me know when you get it, I will put you on the list.
06-28-2006 at 01:32 PM
Jason
Yay! I've ordered it! It should be coming! Wait. How do I attach the membership to "Jason"?

06-28-2006 at 02:12 PM
Ezlo
What happens is this, they will e-mail you a caravelnet code, you put it in the settings thing in DROD, and then on the main menu the circle should be green and have a checkmark. I'm not quite sure how it connects you in the game and you on the forum, but hey, it does do it.
06-28-2006 at 02:26 PM
Jason
Ok. Sign me up for beta-testing!

06-28-2006 at 03:39 PM
Ezlo
Done! See you soon!
06-28-2006 at 03:52 PM
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Jason wrote:
Yay! I've ordered it! It should be coming! Wait. How do I attach the membership to "Jason"?
It should be there almost instantly. If you're using hotmail, make sure to check your "junk" folder as the MS spam filters seem to classify them as such...
07-01-2006 at 09:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
tokyokid
Rank Points: 453
I wouldn't mind testing either. It's a pretty nice hold!
07-04-2006 at 05:12 PM
Page 4 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Big Wide World! (First Public Release.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com