Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Big Wide World! (First Public Release.)
Page 3 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kevin_P86
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 535
IP: Logged
icon Re: Big Wide World! (0)  
You mean the idea abou going over the arrows twice?

I looked at those rooms while just exploring a bit, and they seemed a little chaotic to look at, and I didn't try them yet, but I can give them a try.

By the way, is it even possible to drop the master wall to get to this level outisde the editor at this point?

04-30-2006 at 01:10 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Nope, unless you can find stairs that still end the hold.
04-30-2006 at 01:14 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
I found a few stairs that ended the hold unexpectedly - unless all stairs end the hold when playtesting in the editor, I suppose.

I was able to clear the middle room (after clearing the trapdoors in the right room and entering at the top where the rattlesnakes are), but cannot see how to drop all the trapdoors in the middle room in order to get to the right one to clear it. Also, it seems there is no way to get to the queen in the left room (the passage that leads from the right room, through the tunnels in the middle room and into the left room is inaccessible due to a closed yellow door that can only be opened from inside this inaccessible path).

04-30-2006 at 01:43 AM
Ezlo
Okay, I asked Swivel, maybe he'll help us.
04-30-2006 at 01:51 AM
Kevin_P86
By the way, I suppose I answered my own question - it is indeed possible to drop the master door, as I have done so :)

04-30-2006 at 02:18 AM
Ezlo
Okay, but it'll be much harder in the final version. This game is only about 30% done.
04-30-2006 at 02:28 AM
Kevin_P86
Yes, I found quite a number of empty rooms, even excluding those in the DBOD.

Also, in case you were not aware, it does not seem possible to clear the room just above the Great Pyramid, although I assume that's just because it's not possible to get through the Great Pyramid (I'm assuming it puts you above that when you get through it...)

04-30-2006 at 02:38 AM
Ezlo
Nope, it takes you to the left side of the wall of eyes. A passage from there takes you to the roach.

Glad you're having fun!
04-30-2006 at 02:44 AM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Kevin_P86 wrote:
It's certainly possible.

:doh

Of course it was that easy. Thanks for setting me straight.

04-30-2006 at 09:24 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
New update! Cool stuff in here! First off, try out the boss battle in The Great Pyramid 3 Once North, tell me if it's okay. Plus, the first apperance of Erik in The World Quince North. Place yourself on the mosiac tiles. Two secret messages have been placed, can you find them?

One other note, can anyone think up a better name for the hold? I was for a while thinking of "Epic Proportions" but thought that didn't describe it enough. Any ideas?
04-30-2006 at 09:56 PM
UrAvgAzn
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 468
Ezlo wrote:
One other note, can anyone think up a better name for the hold? I was for a while thinking of "Epic Proportions" but thought that didn't describe it enough. Any ideas?

I've got a few suggestions:
The Beethro Saga
Exploration of the Eighth
Beethro's Day

Also, excellent hold so far, very challenging and interesting. Why is it called Big Wide World 2? Is there a Big Wide World 1? The thing that would really top this hold off though, is voice acting. Keep on working on it, ur doing a good job.

-Jeremy

04-30-2006 at 10:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
I want a microphone so bad. Anyone know where a cheap one is? -_-

There is no Big Wide World 1. I just called it that because my original idea was totally different.

I like those names, but I want the word "Epic" in it.

Maybe "The Epic Saga" or "A Goose Chase of Epic Proportions"
05-01-2006 at 03:01 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Ezlo wrote:
I want a microphone so bad. Anyone know where a cheap one is? -_-

I once got a $10 microphone at Radioshack. It's not very good quality, but it works.

05-01-2006 at 06:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
UrAvgAzn
Rank Points: 468
Ezlo wrote:
I like those names, but I want the word "Epic" in it.

Maybe "The Epic Saga" or "A Goose Chase of Epic Proportions"

Excellent idea! The Epic Saga is exquisite. I'm all for the idea of you renaming it to "The Epic Saga". But just a few more suggestions:

The Epic Eighth Exploration
Epic Attack
Epic Lore of the Eighth

I decided to restart my Big Wide World game cuz I got stuck on Carvers Clan Lvl 3. Smushie should have a mate, or friend, or a diabolical power-hungry arch-enemy Anti Wubba (not that it would take over Beethro's House and cause another quest O:- ). Anyway, some names I thought up for the other wubba if you want to use the idea are:

Smushietta
Squirgles (I'm planning to use this one in my upcoming hold)
Squiggly
Debbie

You are doing a good job and make more quests if you got the time.

-Jeremy

05-02-2006 at 01:42 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Oh I am! I have about 7 in my head that I haven't even started yet!
05-02-2006 at 02:35 AM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
I view this as a lighthearted hold and think that a title with the word "epic" in it might be a little too serious sounding for its tone. Maybe "Epic Schmepic" or "Sprawlville". I dunno. Titles aren't my thing.

05-02-2006 at 04:09 AM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
Hows about "Tales of Eighthonia" or "Should've been an RPG" or maybe even plain old "The Epic Thing". Make sure that at the end, as a side reference to something I think Ezlo does but I can't recall, "Wow. That sure was epic. Guess I won't be playing any more holds after this. At least this'll be a doozy."
05-02-2006 at 04:17 AM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Hikari
Rank Points: 438
Beethro's Epic (Except Where Prohibited by Law) Day?

Then all you have to do is make a comment or short conversation somewhere about how epics are against the law in the Eighth ;)

05-04-2006 at 07:38 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ezlo
Okay, Microphone gotten. Man newegg ships fast. Now, the long and tedious casting process. I've got some people over on my end who can take a few roles, most noteably someone for Bluke. Anyone want to try for Bader?

Plus, someone tell me how to play/record/do-anything-with ogg's. Help.
05-05-2006 at 02:56 AM
Pinnacle
Rank Points: 1129
Do I have the Audacity to answer this question?

05-05-2006 at 03:44 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Thanks! I got the 1.24 version.

EDIT: Rats rats rats rats rats!!! I was SOOOO close! I noticed the export as mp3 function, and I noticed the import midi function, and put two and two together, BUT IT DIDN'T WORK! RATS! :~(

[Last edited by Ezlo at 05-06-2006 11:10 AM]
05-05-2006 at 12:06 PM
Ezlo
Okay, I just want to finish voicing the Dont's level, and you'll have a new version! But I need one more idea. The Dont's is a level where a Negotiator is teaching some students about design stuff you never do. I have seven rooms so far and I'm look for an idea for the eighth. The things you don't do in order are:

1. Make impossible rooms.
2. Make long pointless snakes that are doomed to die from the begining.
3. Make a horde room.
4. Make a room full of brains.
5. Make a crumbly wall maze.
6. Make a room with a hidden scripting trick.
7. Make a "Guess the Orb" room.

Any others you can think off? And, would someone like to act for Beethro? No one I know can do a decent voice.
05-08-2006 at 12:57 PM
Mouse
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 246
icon Re: Big Wide World! (+1)  
Ezlo wrote:
Okay, I just want to finish voicing the Dont's level, and you'll have a new version! But I need one more idea. The Dont's is a level where a Negotiator is teaching some students about design stuff you never do. I have seven rooms so far and I'm look for an idea for the eighth. The things you don't do in order are:

1. Make impossible rooms.
2. Make long pointless snakes that are doomed to die from the begining.
3. Make a horde room.
4. Make a room full of brains.
5. Make a crumbly wall maze.
6. Make a room with a hidden scripting trick.
7. Make a "Guess the Orb" room.

Any others you can think off? And, would someone like to act for Beethro? No one I know can do a decent voice.

How about - Make a required room with only one monster that can be killed but don't give any indication which one it is
05-08-2006 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Yay! Thanks! A new version should be up later tomorrow then!
05-09-2006 at 02:39 AM
zaubberer
Rank Points: 251
since i was included to the beta test the hold growed pretty good!

there is one room i don't understand at this moment: the underground lock. there are any hints about how to unloock the door?

zaubberer
:wizard
05-09-2006 at 09:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Ezlo
Yes, there is. I leave you to find it. I'll give you one hint first, you have to drop the master walls.
05-09-2006 at 11:50 AM
zaubberer
icon Re: Big Wide World! (+1)  
ok, i will work on! opened the master walls :smile
thnx for the tip!

zaubberer
05-09-2006 at 12:36 PM
zaubberer

File: Dbod 4E.JPG (178.2 KB)
Downloaded 65 times.
License: Public Domain
another question that i have:

is DBoD 4E possible to solve?

see the attached image. i believe that there is no solution because the arrows are blocking the way!

zaubberer

[Last edited by zaubberer at 05-09-2006 10:37 PM : typo]
05-09-2006 at 10:36 PM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
Looks like it's possible.

Click here to view the secret text

05-09-2006 at 10:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Yes it is. Here's a very big hint if you are stuck.

Click here to view the secret text

EDIT: Yay! Mid-post collison!

[Last edited by Ezlo at 05-09-2006 10:46 PM]
05-09-2006 at 10:45 PM
Page 3 of 5
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Big Wide World! (First Public Release.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com