Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Journey to the Goblin Kingdom v.1.5 (An RPG in which Beethro must journey to the Goblin Kingdom)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.1/10 (18 votes)
σ 2.39
Author Name:Joint Team (Jacek and Mar
Submitted By:SFE
Hold Name:Journey to the Goblin Kingdom I
Theme:An RPG in which Beethro must journey to the Goblin Kingdom
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:10
Number of Rooms:97
Number of Monsters:4673
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+0 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Journey to the Goblin Kingdom v15.hold (70.4 KB)
Downloaded 177694 times.
License: Other
icon Journey to the Goblin Kingdom v.1.5  
Journey through the Eigth to reach the Goblin Kingdom. You must defeat the goblins, who will be trying to stop you. The fate of the Eigth rests in your hands.
01-16-2006 at 06:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
SFE
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
icon Re: Journey to the Goblin Kingdom v.1.5 (+1)  
I have posted a new version, which eliminates replay problems due to master walls. Enjoy, and please comment!

J'nis Tomb 2.9.7
01-25-2006 at 05:38 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Journey to the Goblin Kingdom v.1.5 (0)  
It's interesting. I can tell what type of puzzles you like. You really like bombs, don't you. ;)
01-26-2006 at 12:49 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
All my scores are still there and they are several months old. Are you sure you haven't just noticed something that happened a long time ago?

02-22-2006 at 02:39 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
I concur with Wallu.
There are 2 versions. One I've downloaded, and the other marked "not downloaded".

Checking the scores for the one I've got (38 explorers) reveals that all my scores have disappeared too...
02-22-2006 at 02:52 PM
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
The only reason that the updated hold is in the end of the list instead of in the form of an 'Updated!'-message is that the name of the hold changed. It's still the same hold (well, ok, it's an updated version, but still the same hold).

02-23-2006 at 12:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
I'm in the same boat as Wallu.
Should we download the newly named one ? will that over write the other one ? My high scores have disappeared...
02-24-2006 at 07:43 PM
Syntax
Hmmm... confused.

I've d/ld it and now have 2 journey to the goblin kingdom.
One is version 1, and the other is version 1.5.

Originally I only had v1.5.

Now, if I change location to 1.5 I can still restore to anywhere I've been. In the newly downloaded version 1, it thinks I've never played it. In the Caravel.net high scores I see only version 1 listed.

And I've lost all my high scores...

Is there a bug here maybe ?
02-25-2006 at 11:37 AM
Syntax
Thanks man.
Guess I'll have to restart.

Which version is the correct one then ?
02-25-2006 at 04:37 PM
Syntax
Thanks!
02-25-2006 at 04:59 PM
Danteslives
Rank Points: 48
Ok, I dont know if this is where this post is supposed to go, but I recently finished Journey to the Goblin Kingdom I, and according to the restore screen I completed 100% of the level. However, on the change location screen it says Ive completed only 88% of the hold. What is going on here?

Thanks!
08-01-2007 at 12:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Kevin_P86
Rank Points: 535
Danteslives wrote:
Ok, I dont know if this is where this post is supposed to go, but I recently finished Journey to the Goblin Kingdom I, and according to the restore screen I completed 100% of the level. However, on the change location screen it says Ive completed only 88% of the hold. What is going on here?

Thanks!
The 100% you see in the restore screen just means you have visited every room on the level you are looking at. The 88% in the change location screen means you have completed 88% of the secrets in the hold.

08-01-2007 at 12:21 AM
Danteslives
Rank Points: 48
Ah! I see how it works now... Thanks!
08-01-2007 at 04:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
The master wall that goes nowhere; the force arrows on room entrances; and above all, the guess-the-scripting rooms... I didn't hate the hold, but I have to admit I kind of disliked it. There were nice bits, I admit; overall, for me, a 4.
08-02-2007 at 04:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
golfrman
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 165
wow, over 150000 downloads, either I need to try this or something is really wrong here...

08-06-2007 at 04:43 AM
Syntax
golfrman wrote:
wow, over 150000 downloads, either I need to try this or something is really wrong here...
Yeah, a bug with the download tally with several holds :) Very good hold though in my opinion...
08-06-2007 at 04:54 AM
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
golfrman wrote:
I'll try it, but, looking at the comments, I'm guessing something is really wrong, here. Because I saw a list that shown that this was the number 1 downloaded hold. There was another at 130000 downloads that shouldn't have that high a number, either.

Those number is waaaaaay above the number of registered users. But I guess the downloaders have had some problems. And perhaps some people were, like, playing Maple Story and trying to do beat everyone else into a party quest and then . . . um, alt+tabbed out and forgot to turn off thier autoclickers first . . . I don't know!

08-08-2007 at 02:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Kwakstur
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 385
I have returned to say that, yes, something is really wrong here. This is definitely a "first hold." Undoubtably. It's a "first hold" with rooms full of trivial solutions (sometimes you don't even know the intended solutions, because the trivial is so obvious). It should not have the highest number of downloads. And not by that much.

*Shudders.* Reminds me of Strawberry Clock. Why is he the king of the portal? WHY??? What terrible society is this? Where's my Doritos?

08-11-2007 at 05:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
Loved this hold. Lots of relatively easy combat rooms that were rather interesting to play. Some good rooms to test my optimizing mettle as well.

A few things I didn't like: the haphazard scripting in some rooms, the use of force arrows on some room entrances, the overuse of bomb rooms (like the easternmost secret room in King Dugan's Castle). But none of these detracted much from my overall enjoyment.

4 Brains and 7 Overall I give this hold.

[Last edited by bomber50 at 06-04-2015 12:51 AM]
06-04-2015 at 12:43 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Journey to the Goblin Kingdom v.1.5 (An RPG in which Beethro must journey to the Goblin Kingdom) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com