Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Not again prodigal... (My absence)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
IP: Logged
icon Not again prodigal... (+2)  
Hey guys. Just so you know, I haven't dropped off the face of the earth. It's just my laptop.

The adaptor has essentially melted where it connects, the inside of the laptop is busted, a piece is loose, and the battery is dead. It would cost about $350 to fix. Probably $380 with shipping.

So I'm abandoning said laptop. Unfortunately, it's got all of my cool stuff, like DROD and many other games that I enjoy.

So, I'm holding a hiatus until I get a shiny new desktop sometime, and move to wherever it is that I'll be moving (Hopefully New York City to take part in a program called Math For America.)

I may stop in from time to time to let you know how life is without DROD, and I will strive to return to a top ten position on the high scores list once I do get DROD capabilities. And DROD will be the first thing I download, I guarantee it.

So, for now, I'm not going to be as active as in the past. But I'll be here in spirit.

01-08-2006 at 12:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
icon Re: Not again prodigal... (0)  
zex20913 wrote:
So, I'm holding a hiatus until I get a shiny new desktop sometime, and move to wherever it is that I'll be moving (Hopefully New York City to take part in a program called Math For America.)
New York? Evil, evil place. Only place my paranoia was ever completely justified. Remind me to find my account of my trip there sometime...

01-08-2006 at 09:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
New York can be a bit difficult for people who don't know it, but I find living in it to be really, really great. Tim - let me know if you need any help or advice with anything...

01-09-2006 at 01:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
zex20913
icon Re: Not again prodigal... (+2)  
Status update:

I am currently a finalist for Math for America and have an interview on Sunday 3/12.

03-06-2006 at 05:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
icon Re: Not again prodigal... (+2)  
Another status report: I have been accepted into the program, and will be in NYC for five years (or around NYC) starting June 5th.

03-21-2006 at 06:41 PM
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
Good for you! Does this Math for America have a website? I'd like to look at it.
03-22-2006 at 11:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Congratulations, Tim! So how does this work? Will you be teaching math here in the city while studying? Or are you just going to be based in New York while you teach/study outside the city?

Ezlo: http://www.mathforamerica.org/

[Last edited by eytanz at 03-22-2006 02:31 PM]
03-22-2006 at 02:28 PM
zex20913
That is precisely the website I would have given, as it is the website.

The first year, I will be studying at either NYU, Columbia, or Bard on a fast-track program. If Bard, I'm outside of the city until January, and then I start working as a student teacher and living in NYC.

If Columbia or NYU, I will live in the city and student teach through the year.

So your first thought is closer to what's going down.

After the first year, though, I'll be teaching in the city for at least four years.

I'm really excited about it. :)

03-22-2006 at 05:46 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Not again prodigal... (My absence)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com