Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Sewer Grate (Tiles)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
skinsmen
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
IP: Logged
icon Sewer Grate (+1)  
Suggested before? Sounds familiar but maybe not...
Anyway, sewer grates.
Tar can't grow onto them because it would just seep through the slots and they aren't solid enough to have roach eggs. But other than that they are the same as any other ground tile.

[Last edited by skinsmen at 11-17-2005 08:40 PM]
11-17-2005 at 08:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
zex20913
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1723
icon Re: Sewer Grate (0)  
I do like the idea of a non-tar-growth square. And then the roach eggs makes sense too...a no appearance square?

I don't really see any problems with it either, aside from prediction of tar growth is made a bit tougher, but it's pretty tough anyway.

11-18-2005 at 03:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skinsmen
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 26
Oh, of course they can have some sort of distinguished design so you can tell what they are. Like gray lines or something. I just mean apart from these 2 things they are regular tiles. Like they don't fall or anything. Oh! maybe they would effect mud as well? Or just tar is fine.
11-18-2005 at 06:54 AM
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
icon Re: Sewer Grate (+1)  
There already are squares which tar can't cover.
Try fuse, force arrow, or orthogonal squares(not sure about the last one)

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
11-18-2005 at 08:42 AM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Tar won't grow on ortho-squares, but roach queens will lay eggs there.

I think part of the original suggestion was to have a square dedicated for no tar/roach growth with no other gameplay effects. I'm not sure how high a priority that is, myself, but I can see why it's different.

Note that fuse squares with no edges (or with inaccessible edges) can serve this purpose, but they're not always possible; specifically, by definition they can't form 1x1 squares.

11-18-2005 at 03:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
b0rsuk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 489
eytanz wrote:
Note that fuse squares with no edges (or with inaccessible edges) can serve this purpose, but they're not always possible; specifically, by definition they can't form 1x1 squares.

It is possible to put 1 square fuses. Perhaps what you meant was that they're too easy to remove by stepping on them.

http://www.gamasutra.com/features/20051128/adams_01.shtml
11-18-2005 at 08:34 PM
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
b0rsuk wrote:
It is possible to put 1 square fuses. Perhaps what you meant was that they're too easy to remove by stepping on them.
He actually said that 1x1 fuses with no edges aren't possible.

++Adam H. Peterson
11-19-2005 at 12:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Sewer Grate (+1)  
Attention! I'm a moron! :(

[Last edited by Banjooie at 11-19-2005 06:33 PM]
11-19-2005 at 06:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
TripleM
Rank Points: 1373
Banjooie wrote:
The only problem with that is that it's completely untrue.

? How would you make a 1x1 fuse square *without* edges then? I can only see one way of having a 1x1 fuse square..
11-19-2005 at 06:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
Well, presumably, if a single fuse dot counts as a squar--I've completely misinterpreted the subject, haven't I.
11-19-2005 at 06:32 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Sewer Grate (Tiles)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com