Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Deja vu...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

6.4/10 (10 votes)
σ 3.01
Author Name:Ricky
Submitted By:bibelot
Hold Name:Deja vu...
Theme:
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:15
Number of Rooms:15
Number of Monsters:255
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:2 (+2 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Deja vu.hold (5.1 KB)
Downloaded 1603 times.
License: Other
icon Deja vu...  
Wait, I've seen this before...

I finally got around to submitting this. This is the same version as on the architecture board, mostly because I didn't think I could edit it without messing something up.
11-13-2005 at 07:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
silver
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 915
icon Re: Deja vu... (0)  
I dunno if such an edit can be made, but it would be really lovely if there were some way "conquering" this hold could actually move it to the conquered holds section. it sticks like a sore thumb in "unexplored" which bugs the completionist in me to no end (perhaps a secret wall in the umpteenth iteration that actually lets you finally kill the dang tar babies)

07-12-2006 at 07:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
I have conquered an earlier version in Architecture, and I *think* this hold is very probably conquerable.

Note, that this hold is the unofficial sequel to The Fools Errand (by the same architect). And yes, there is a trick in it as well :)

[Last edited by Tim at 07-12-2006 07:36 PM]
07-12-2006 at 07:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
you mean a trick besides the one that I already figured out?
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by silver at 07-12-2006 07:48 PM]
07-12-2006 at 07:46 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
I don't know, but if you can't do it even knowing that trick, then I believe you.

I'm afraid my DROD skills isn't that good (if at all).
07-12-2006 at 08:18 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
This seems like as good a place to ask as any. Schik, if it's possible at all, could you also mark the entrance of "not dr0d" as scorable, in order to accurately keep track of the number of explorers? If not, no big deal.

07-12-2006 at 09:18 PM
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Oh, good call. But on the other hand, making the change I noted would make it so people who haven't conquered it can at least put it on their "explored" list. I think. In any case, it's not that big of a deal.

07-13-2006 at 01:27 AM
Irashtar
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 41
icon Re: Deja vu... (+4)  
Wow, I'm the fourth person to conquer this hold in nearly as many years! :P
This hold was beautiful! Every single level was the same with only the movement order changing, making each level completely different. The tar making the levels invalid for scoring seems to have peeved off the hundred or so who actually started this hold. :thumbsdown
It's an awesome concept, but letting players beat each iteration by removing the from the levels, and getting rid of the master switch and the levels you needed to use it to win, And you'd have the awesomest repeating hold ever, because nothing could beat having each room look exactly the same until you start it moving.
Final thought: give each level a slightly different name. ( "Yet again..?" "This again..?" "This reminds me of another level..")
11-15-2008 at 01:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: Deja vu... (+2)  
Somehow a hold about wraithwings and movement order wasn't terrible. This is a really cool hold.

05-26-2021 at 12:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Deja vu... Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com