Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : not dr0d (Un-DROD-like puzzles)
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.5/10 (24 votes)
σ 2.61
Author Name:Ryan
Submitted By:RoboBob3000
Hold Name:not dr0d
Theme:Un-DROD-like puzzles
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:2
Number of Rooms:23
Number of Monsters:11
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:15 (+15 / -0)
Poster Message
Tahnan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2459
IP: Logged
icon Re: not dr0d (0)  
Say, did something in DROD 3.0 break the scripting in 2N2E?
05-04-2007 at 08:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Tahnan wrote:
Say, did something in DROD 3.0 break the scripting in 2N2E?

Uh-oh. This room definately doesn't work for me anymore. I'm gonna take a peek at the scripting now.

05-04-2007 at 05:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Looking at this again, it seems that I forgot that you need to step on the bottom tiles first, then the top tiles, otherwise this won't work. This is expected behavior. Is this what you did, Tahnan?

Also, all of my "Wait for player" commands have turned into "Wait for entity" commands in 3.0 instead of "Wait for entity player". It still seems to work fine though. Is this intended?

05-04-2007 at 05:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
silver
Rank Points: 915
wait for entity (unspecified) == wait for entity (player), for backwards compatibility, yes.

05-04-2007 at 09:42 PM
Tahnan
Rank Points: 2459
Actually, no: the entire choir has in fact entirely disappeared. They just aren't there, not even in the editor. Except the guy on the far right, who says "-". Though oddly, if you right click him, he's listed as #17, even though there aren't any other characters.

Oh: drod.err! It turns out to have an error message:

Assertion error in line 392 of .\DbPackedVars.cpp: "pNewVar->dwValueSize < 10000"

Maybe I should just move this over the bugs, huh? But is it not happening for anyone else?

05-05-2007 at 07:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
Tahnan wrote:
Actually, no: the entire choir has in fact entirely disappeared. They just aren't there, not even in the editor. Except the guy on the far right, who says "-". Though oddly, if you right click him, he's listed as #17, even though there aren't any other characters.

Oh: drod.err! It turns out to have an error message:
Assertion error in line 392 of .\DbPackedVars.cpp: "pNewVar->dwValueSize < 10000"
This is caused by the migration to the SerializedCommands var in 3.0.2. Some of the scripts in that room are "too large" (the game asserts that the value of any PackedVar is < 10000 bytes) and will thus not be read. In older DROD versions scripts were stored in separate smaller vars. The error is related to this bug. Edit: On second thought perhaps not, but the new script storage is briefly discussed in that thread.

The same thing happens for other holds with large scripts, such as Pelcho's Puzzles.

[Last edited by Stefan at 05-06-2007 10:58 AM]
05-06-2007 at 10:31 AM
Page 2 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : not dr0d (Un-DROD-like puzzles)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com