Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Easy or Hard (Rooms can all be completed an easy way or a hard way.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

7.3/10 (36 votes)
σ 1.15
Author Name:LarryMurk
Submitted By:larrymurk
Hold Name:Easy or Hard
Theme:Rooms can all be completed an easy way or a hard way.
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:1
Number of Rooms:13
Number of Monsters:640
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:4 (+4 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Easy or Hard.hold (9.8 KB)
Downloaded 2264 times.
License: Other
icon Easy or Hard  
Easy or Hard is a hold designed where every room has multiple solutions. The rooms can be completed the easy way or the hard way.

Thanks to Doom and Stefan for testing.
09-03-2005 at 09:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Easy or Hard (0)  
...You know, I was a little leery, admittedly, of the fact I hadn't seen this hold on Architecture, but you've done a really good job here.
09-04-2005 at 06:23 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Easy or Hard (+1)  
Remember, we have the beta holds board now. This was there and it was tested. I suppose it might become good manners for the author to mention that now since not everyone will know this. ;)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
09-04-2005 at 06:51 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594
A nice diversion for 10-15 minutes. The rooms are cool, especially because of the easy/hard solutions. Very enjoyable ! Ill give it a seven. ;)
09-04-2005 at 05:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Leus
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 204
I guess I haven't commented on this yet. I think I played it a week or so ago, and I enjoyed it, even if it was short. I always liked when I got to the scroll to find out I'd supposedly completed the room the hard way.

09-15-2005 at 12:07 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Alneyan
Rank Points: 622
What they said: it was a nice hold with an interesting concept, and some lovely rooms (I liked your idea for the Tar room, and the queen swarm north of it).
09-26-2005 at 05:50 PM
Syro
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 15
icon Re: Easy or Hard (+2)  
This was a quick, fun hold. I found that reading about the "easy" way often times clued me in to tricks or strategies I wouldn't normally think of, which has been helpful in other holds.

-Syro
10-14-2005 at 06:29 AM
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
I like the multiple ways of solving each room here. The puzzles themselves are fairly interesting, although not of the fiendish level of cleverness (or difficulty) that I've come to associate with a Larrymurk hold. Still and all, I give it a 7 with 5.5 brains.

06-14-2006 at 03:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Being able to solve the room in an easy or hard way was brilliant, and the puzzles felt very polished. The explanations on the scrolls were easy to follow and quite clear. I was pleased that I found the easy way most of the time, yet when I did it the hard way then I patted myself on the back for having done so.
Click here to view the secret text

05-11-2011 at 01:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Rheb
Rank Points: 1211
west.logan wrote:
Being able to solve the room in an easy or hard way was brilliant, and the puzzles felt very polished. The explanations on the scrolls were easy to follow and quite clear. I was pleased that I found the easy way most of the time, yet when I did it the hard way then I patted myself on the back for having done so.
I completely agree that the concept is great. However, if it would be done again, I hope the architect will include more rewards for solving rooms in different ways. This could be in the form of secrets, better high scores, plot exposition or pretty much anything. I just felt there wasn't enough motivation to try and solve rooms in different ways in this hold and that makes it lose some of its essence.

05-11-2011 at 07:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
I have to agree with what everyone else said. Basically, this hold panders to a variety of player skills, and provides a lunch break entertainment for anyone that plays. I wish we had more holds like this, since they are the kind that appeals to everybody.

8 for fun
5 for brains
80/100 approval rating.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
06-25-2011 at 11:01 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Easy or Hard (Rooms can all be completed an easy way or a hard way.) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com