Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD Movies (A few DROD-based videos acted out by me and my friend.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Leus
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 204
IP: Logged

File: Leus-CurseYouSlayer.wmv (1.1 MB)
Downloaded 101 times.
License: Other
icon DROD Movies (+8)  
This weekend I felt DRODdy, so my friend and I created a bunch of random DROD-based videos acted out in real life. I hope you enjoy them. Thanks for watching.

(Note: DiMono told me to attach the files to my posts, but my spazzy internet was making that difficult so I just included links and descriptions.)

A random video we made. No real point, but it looks funny. DROD players will appreciate it. Very short.
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1H4UMB2361KMG13UMS1C8LQB80 - Curse You, Slayer! (Profanity.)

How will DROD be in the coming years? Download this video to find out. Very short.
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0IEXZD7HDHU7G01ZIUXRXGNBNP - Delver Versus Slayer: Revamped. (Clean! Original music by me.)

A short, two-minute display of my friend and I playing DROD in real life with sticks and swords on a 5x6 grid made of pillows. With DROD sounds! This is the main thing. It was hard to do.
http://s9.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1RN998IF170PK25KRJSFKXOEX7 - DROD Multiplayer Live-Action! (Probable profanity.)

Twenty minutes of us playing the game several times, figuring out the rules, and pausing periodically for comedic spiels.
http://s8.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0RC3O8IX1T30U0MG9IGFCNGGKK - DROD Multiplayer Live-Action (Raw) (Excessive profanity.)

I hope you guys like the videos. Thanks for watching.

(Sorry if the links die. It's doubtful, but the 25 download limit might be reached. Just let me know if one runs out.)

[Last edited by Leus at 08-09-2005 06:40 AM : Uploaded "Curse You, Slayer!"]
06-23-2005 at 01:25 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ErikH2000
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2794
icon Re: DROD Movies (0)  
Oh, man you guys are dorky, but those were hilarious! I especially appreciated the faithful reproduction of DROD snap-to-square movement in the first video.

-Erik :D

06-23-2005 at 02:21 AM
View Profile Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Leus

File: Leus-DelverVsSlayer.wmv (2.1 MB)
Downloaded 78 times.
icon Re: DROD Movies (+1)  
Thanks, man. Glad you liked them. That means a lot coming from you, the man Himself. Yep. Capitalized.

[Last edited by Leus at 08-09-2005 06:42 AM : Uploaded "Delver vs. Slayer"]
06-24-2005 at 08:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Zmann
Rank Points: 241
Heh, I liked them too. Unfortunately, it did remind me that most of my friends don't like DROD, and that made me sad.

I guess they're just not puzzle gamers at heart, and would rather played some action based game.

The funny thing is, I'm better than them at both.
06-25-2005 at 05:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
Zmann wrote:
Heh, I liked them too. Unfortunately, it did remind me that most of my friends don't like DROD, and that made me sad.

I guess they're just not puzzle gamers at heart, and would rather played some action based game.

The funny thing is, I'm better than them at both.

The videos are really cool (but also a little mad).

I showed Drod now 4 friends and 3 of them rather disliked it. One even said (in German) "Thats mean ! I want to speak with the developer of that game ! Pulling harmless teenagers the money out of the pocket....." The forth one liked it and played the full demo of Drod.
06-25-2005 at 12:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Leus

File: Leus-DROD_MultiplayerLive(Short).wmv (6.1 MB)
Downloaded 75 times.
Thanks, guys. And I've shown several of my friends DROD. Most of them like it, actually, but they're not real into it like I am.

On a completely unrelated note: Apparently I'm an idiot. In almost all of those videos, the Slayer's ability to turn and move in the same move was an important aspect. I just noticed the other day that in the game he CAN'T. And I call myself a true DRODiac...

[Last edited by Leus at 08-09-2005 06:45 AM : Uploaded "DROD Multiplayer: Live Action (Short)"]
06-29-2005 at 10:01 PM
leroy00
Rank Points: 155
Leus wrote:
Thanks, guys. And I've shown several of my friends DROD. Most of them like it, actually, but they're not real into it like I am.

On a completely unrelated note: Apparently I'm an idiot. In almost all of those videos, the Slayer's ability to turn and move in the same move was an important aspect. I just noticed the other day that in the game he CAN'T. And I call myself a true DRODiac...

But what he can do is kill Beethro by stepping on him, which you may not yet have noticed. But I wouldn't recommend actually trying that with your friend. ;)

-leroy

06-30-2005 at 08:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Bombadil
Rank Points: 509
Hey dudes!

I saw this topic a few weeks ago but I was not home and I could not view the movies. Now I've remembered 'em and I wanted to watch them but they've expired. Could you please put'em back online?

Thanks a lot!

[Last edited by Bombadil at 07-09-2005 04:12 PM]
07-09-2005 at 04:12 PM
Leus
Hey, everyone. I just read that message about the videos expiring, so I decided to give uploading them here another go. So far I've uploaded the first three videos to various posts of mine in the thread, and I'll upload the final huge one on this post.

Enjoy.

08-09-2005 at 08:35 AM
Leus
Bah, looks like the file failed on that last post.. Hrm...

08-09-2005 at 08:43 AM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
You can't upload files of more than 10 MB to the forum. And honestly, if your other files take too much bandwidth, they might be removed too. (The forum's been running sporadically this morning, and I wonder if that's related.)

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
08-09-2005 at 03:50 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Put it as a .zip or .rar .

08-09-2005 at 04:53 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Syntax
Rank Points: 1218
Unless it's mp3 :)
08-09-2005 at 07:39 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
I cracked up at the death scream. :smile I would like to see the big one.
Does JtRH have multiplayer?

08-11-2005 at 09:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
krammer
Rank Points: 904
Well - there's CaravelNet, which allows you to upload your scores for all CaravelNet enabled holds and compare them against other people. But otherwise no, I'm afraid not. DROD isn't a game that really translates to multiplayer, although it has been suggested many times.

"Oook!"
08-11-2005 at 09:52 PM
Leus
Well, apparently I keep checking this thread and seeing posts very late... So here I am, uploading the big video again. Hopefully this time it will work.

09-06-2005 at 06:19 AM
Leus
...What the hell? The post posted but the file is just gone...

Well, screw it. If you want the video, I'd be more than happy to send it to you via an instant messenger.

AIM: Hybrid4994
MSN: xounmis@hotmail.com

09-06-2005 at 06:25 AM
Schik
Rank Points: 5383
Leus wrote:
The post posted but the file is just gone...
Was the attachment too big? We have an attachment limit of (a pretty generous) 10 MB.

09-06-2005 at 06:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Leus
Oh, yes.. That would be it. It's over 50mb I believe.

09-06-2005 at 08:12 PM
Leus
icon Re: DROD Movies (+2)  
Rofl I actually still like these.

:)

/reviving my own junk.

Also I was dumb back then apparently. Completely ignoring the post about the bandwidth and stuff. Oh well.

Sup guys?

09-27-2009 at 05:56 PM
Blondbeard
Rank Points: 1486
Hey! I remember you... :) Wellcome back!

[Last edited by Blondbeard at 09-27-2009 07:48 PM]
09-27-2009 at 07:46 PM
Leus
Awesome, thanks! :)

So has anything come out since Tendry's Tale? What's up with Second Sky?

09-27-2009 at 07:52 PM
Jatopian
Rank Points: 1842
Nothing has come out since Tendry's Tale except a SmS or two, at least one hold of which has been judged just barely sub-par. There's also a bar, but it's been stalled for a while, so I suggest not putting too much stock in it.

wb

09-27-2009 at 10:47 PM
Dex Stewart
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 355
Jatopian wrote:
There's also a bar, but it's been stalled for a while, so I suggest not putting too much stock in it.

And you can't even click it :)
09-28-2009 at 01:40 AM
12th Archivist
Rank Points: 789
Dex Stewart wrote:
Jatopian wrote:
There's also a bar, but it's been stalled for a while, so I suggest not putting too much stock in it.

And you can't even click it :)
Well, one can click it, it just won't respond with a witty message. ;)

Yes yes, definition of "click" varies by situation.

Check out the DROD Wikia project here!
09-28-2009 at 02:01 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD Movies (A few DROD-based videos acted out by me and my friend.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com