Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Some more Build 23 bugs...
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
IP: Logged
icon Some more Build 23 bugs... (0)  
Hi!

I've found a few bugs in Build 23 that should be fixed.

In the editor, I saw that with the "Lava" style, the dark squares were where the light ones were supposed to be. I found out this was also true for Webfoot DROD. This might have been a design mistake that was overlooked, and could probably be fixed. Here's a comparison:

"1" is dark.

"1" is light.

I have been unable to have the exit touch the edge of a room. I've tried, but as you place them surrounded by walls, I've been unable to. I know that it's possible, since some of the original Dugan levels are like that. This should be discussed, too. Either I'm not sure what to do, or there's a bug. :cigar

Another thing I have something to say about are the 2*2 "torch" blocks. When you delete them, only the clicked square is deleted. All improper squares (if northwest square is deleted) become highlighted red and become northwest or southeast corners. Some half-blocks form by placing new blocks that can change corners to make complete blocks. Some half-blocks aren't highlighted. The whole block should be deleted when you delete them.

There are still a number of places where DROD will crash in the middle of stuff, such as typing. The last time I was typing, Runtime Library crashed DROD, but strangely, the current music playing in DROD (in this case, the music for the "Cavern" style) kept playing after DROD crashed.

Since there are still a number of bugs, it's hard to remember them all, but here are two more I discovered:

1. If you click Undo while defining a door, it creates a lightening storm.
2. Last time I installed Build 23 (due to bugs), after I'd beaten DROD's last room, I wasn't able to edit Dugan's Dungeon unless I let the ending play without skipping anything.

All of this I mentioned should be fixed in Build 25 (build 24 was already done).

-Noah Tenney

[Edited by NoahT on 06-28-2003 at 05:50 AM GMT: Build 24 already done.]

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

06-28-2003 at 05:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Some more Build 23 bugs... (0)  
NoahT wrote:
Hi!

In the editor, I saw that with the "Lava" style, the dark squares were where the light ones were supposed to be. I found out this was also true for Webfoot DROD. This might have been a design mistake that was overlooked, and could probably be fixed.

The first time I read this I thought you meant that 1.6 reverses the colors from what they were in 1.5; but then I realized you're saying that the "lava" scheme reverses the pattern found in the other schemes (as evidenced by the fact that you could bring screenshots of both) - why should this be considered a bug? It's has no game effect and is provides some variety from the other purple scheme (whose name I forgot).

[Edited by eytanz on 06-28-2003 at 02:47 PM]

06-28-2003 at 02:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Re: Some more Build 23 bugs... (0)  
eytanz wrote:
NoahT wrote:
Hi!

In the editor, I saw that with the "Lava" style, the dark squares were where the light ones were supposed to be. I found out this was also true for Webfoot DROD. This might have been a design mistake that was overlooked, and could probably be fixed.

The first time I read this I thought you meant that 1.6 reverses the colors from what they were in 1.5; but then I realized you're saying that the "lava" scheme reverses the pattern found in the other schemes (as evidenced by the fact that you could bring screenshots of both) - why should this be considered a bug? It's has no game effect and is provides some variety from the other purple scheme (whose name I forgot).

Oh, then. I wasn't sure if the color swap was intentional or not. :D I wasn't really considering it a bug, just something I'd noticed. It's just that I'd read the Hints and Solutions topic about Dugan's Hold, Level 14, Room 1S, 1E. If this room's scheme was changed to "lava," one of the hints have to be changed to opposite. But none of this is any big deal.

However, some of the other things I mentioned could be fixed, including a post I made earlier about Build 23 crashing when rooms were changed. I know Clayton already mentioned it, it's just it still occured in Build 23. Hopefully, the bugs I reported were fixed in Build 24, and if not, will hopefully be fixed in Build 25. Hopefully Erik or Mike will see some of these reports.

Oh, and the other purple scheme was called "slime."

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT on 06-30-2003 at 03:29 AM]

[Edited by NoahT on 07-11-2003 at 06:30 PM GMT: Edit statement in quote]

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

06-28-2003 at 07:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5065
icon Re: Some more Build 23 bugs... (0)  
NoahT wrote:
Another thing I have something to say about are the 2*2 "torch" blocks. When you delete them, only the clicked square is deleted.
Here are two more I discovered:

1. If you click Undo while defining a door, it creates a lightening storm.
2. Last time I installed Build 23 (due to bugs), after I'd beaten DROD's last room, I wasn't able to edit Dugan's Dungeon unless I let the ending play without skipping anything.
Thanks, Noah! These 3 bugs should be fixed in build 25.

[Edited by mrimer on 06-28-2003 at 08:23 PM]

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-28-2003 at 08:23 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Some more Build 23 bugs...
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com