Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Claythro Tower - The Rooftop.
<<3456
Page 7 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
ClaytonW
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 961
IP: Logged
icon Re: Claythro Tower - The Rooftop. (0)  
Oneiromancer wrote:
Merry Xmas, Clayton...
...Anyway, here are my comments.

Thanks Neil, Same to you. Sorry it took me so long to reply, Santa was extra good to me this year. I've been playing my Gamecube constantly over the last few days. :mario *reads comments*

The Rooftop:
8N 4E: I don't think this is an issue.

8N 1W: It's been repaired with a force Arrow pointing East. Thanks for the find. The room is a pain now.

7N 2W: The method you used was my (lame) intention. I figured it would be insane if you didn't eliminate the serpents early.

And I actually got the ending! So for some reason I don't see that ending stair bug in this level. It must have something to do with the differences between how people construct the holds.

Good! Before I uploaded, I went through one last time and made sure every staircase in the hold pointed to where it should. The bug might be occuring prior to room saves... I dunno.

Ground Floor, 2N 1W: this room looked different, so I played through it. I think you have an unintended solution...

Nope. And you can actually do that trick with every roach, not just two. This room is crap anyway. I'm not proud of it.

Sixth Story, 1N 4W: The right hand scroll had no text on it, although the left one did. And actually I wasn't able to beat the room in enough time to check them out for myself...that seems pretty tough. I don't feel like doing it at this time, so if you say it can be done I will believe you.

The scroll has been fixed. They both say the same thing. I have done the room many times before, it is possible (though just barely).

Well, that's all I have to say. It looks really good, I think it should be pretty much ready for release! I would hold a last call for comments, then ring in the new year with the largest finished hold available!

Will do, thanks a bunch.
12-29-2003 at 04:30 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ClaytonW
Last call for comments, suggestions, concerns, and the like before I submit this sucker to the Holds board!
12-29-2003 at 04:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Rank Points: 783
I thought this was going to be 26 levels or something.

The only request I have right now is for a checkpoint in the level 7 broom with the 12 goblins and wraithwings. It's very annoying to keep playing the first bit over and over again.

If you'll wait a bit, I can go over the levels again (I don't have any time now)...so maybe a day or two? how long do I have?

[Edited by The_Red_Hawk on 12-29-2003 at 05:28 AM GMT]

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
12-29-2003 at 05:27 AM
ClaytonW
The_Red_Hawk wrote:
I thought this was going to be 26 levels or something.

Quiet, you. I was lacking good ideas, that's all, so I ended it. No shame in knowing when to fold 'em. I'll make another hold someday, with less focus on having "original" goals.

The only request I have right now is for a checkpoint in the level 7 broom with the 12 goblins and wraithwings. It's very annoying to keep playing the first bit over and over again.

This said location has already been modified to correct the concerns of those who frequent this board. Woo! Though I don't think I posted back to notify anyone of the change.

If you'll wait a bit, I can go over the levels again (I don't have any time now)...so maybe a day or two? how long do I have?

That depends on how badly the CPU in Super Smash Bros. Melee can whip my butt. I think Neil already went through and played every level for me, but if you want to have a quick run through, go ahead, I'll wait.
12-30-2003 at 07:19 AM
Oneiromancer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2936
Um, well, I didn't play through all the first 6 levels all the way through except for the rooms that I thought had changed. They all looked the same to me and they were fine before, so...

For Wesley's hold, I really haven't played many of the rooms at all so when he does give me an anyone edit hold I will be playing most of the rooms. But for yours I had already played through the whole thing pretty much.

I guess I will say that level 1 1W kicks my butt every time I play it but I know other people have solved it since it was revamped so no big deal.

If you want me to play through them again I can do so, but if there weren't any major changes, it's probably not necessary.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-30-2003 at 07:33 AM
The_Red_Hawk
I think that 7:2W should be taken out, and perhaps you could reduce the trapdoors in 7:2N2W. It gets a little repetitive.

I can't get much else, because otherwise I have to replay everything. Sorry.....

12-30-2003 at 03:10 PM
Oneiromancer
7:2W was easy, I don't see why it should be taken out. 7:2N2W was pretty tough, although I was able to beat it without too much trouble. I don't think it was that repetitive...especially if you wall off the tar right away (although you have to be careful not to get trapped). And why would you have to replay everything, unless you weren't able to beat 7:2N2W?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
12-30-2003 at 06:35 PM
The_Red_Hawk
I'd have to replay because under my new version the only level that I have that I can restore to is level 7.

I think that 7:2W was a little *too* easy.

2N2W could stay as it is, I guess.....

12-30-2003 at 07:23 PM
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
Oneiromancer wrote:
For Wesley's hold, I really haven't played many of the rooms at all so when he does give me an anyone edit hold I will be playing most of the rooms.
Understandable. I've fixed the problem anyway.

01-03-2004 at 05:23 PM
Oneiromancer
Heh, there was no bug involved, they were just too hard for me. :D

Game on,

01-03-2004 at 07:16 PM
sims5000
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 117
:no I can't do level 4 The Entrance I'm no good at lights out
01-05-2004 at 09:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
ClaytonW
sims5000 wrote:
:no I can't do level 4 The Entrance I'm no good at lights out

Hmmm... Here's a tip:
Click here to view the secret text

Sorry if that seems mean, but I don't remember the quick solution (I think it had 7 strikes) anymore myself! I just bang around in there until I notice I can do it in two moves.
01-05-2004 at 08:24 PM
Oneiromancer
If you're super-duper desperate, just do a Google search for Lights Out, there are several solutions out there. It's a tough puzzle, I agree.

Game on,

01-05-2004 at 08:28 PM
<<3456
Page 7 of 7
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Claythro Tower - The Rooftop.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com