Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Deep Hold (Various)
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.1/10 (19 votes)
σ 2.36
Author Name:The_Red_Hawk
Submitted By:The_Red_Hawk
Hold Name:Deep Hold
Theme:Various
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:25
Number of Rooms:338
Number of Monsters:30484
Version:DROD: Journey to Rooted Hold
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:0 (+4 / -4)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Deep Hold.hold (294.1 KB)
Downloaded 2864 times.
License: Other
icon Deep Hold  
After a long and tedious building and testing process, Deep Hold is finally ready for release!

While it says that it is in DROD: JtRH, it was only like that because I had to import it to make some necessary changes. It contains no JtRH monsters or elements.

Thanks to all who tested my hold, and to all who will play in the future! I am now working on Deep Hold II: The Onslaught which will be in JtRH, and it is on the Architecture forum.

-RedHawk SkyKing
04-29-2005 at 11:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 783
icon Re: Deep Hold (0)  
And I just realized about the high scores, and I hope that there will soon be some of them for this hold. Or something like that. :)

The red hawk's dance of death.

.....the king of the skies.....
04-29-2005 at 11:26 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: Deep Hold (+2)  
There is no way to return from L1:2E (the red door and force arrow in 1E prevents you from returning). This makes the level impossible to complete.

Even if the hold only contains AE elements, you still can't import it into AE if you've exported in from JtRH. It's one-way only.

[Edited by Stefan at Local Time:04-30-2005 at 01:26 AM]

04-30-2005 at 12:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
SbCl3
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 61
Stefan wrote:
There is no way to return from L1:2E (the red door and force arrow in 1E prevents you from returning). This makes the level impossible to complete.

[Edited by Stefan at Local Time:04-30-2005 at 01:26 AM]

That really needs to be fixed....I got stuck here and stopped playing the hold altogether...
05-02-2005 at 10:54 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
cbemom
Rank Points: 36
I really enjoyed the small part of this hold that was playable.

Red Hawk - Please fix this, as I'm looking forward to the rest of the hold.

Perhaps a small green door in the east wall of 1E?

05-04-2005 at 02:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eleasmom
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
Can I put in my vote? Please? With a cherry on top? Put in a little green door? I'd like to play the rest of the hold...

05-08-2005 at 05:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
Sorry for taking so long to reply. The hold updating page is currently broken, but Schik has recently told me that he can put the attachment up for me specially so it should be up in the next couple of days.

05-09-2005 at 03:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
cbemom
Hooray ::cheers:: :thumbsup

05-09-2005 at 04:21 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
The new version is up. Have at it!

05-09-2005 at 04:26 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Stefan
Level 13 seems to be impossible. You've filled in the hole at (0, 28) in 1N that makes it possible to pass through the room the first time.

[Edited by Stefan at Local Time:05-11-2005 at 12:39 PM: added picture]

[Edited by Stefan at Local Time:05-11-2005 at 12:46 PM]

05-10-2005 at 10:22 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Stefan
Level 20: 3N1W is impossible. You cannot drop the trapdoors at (1) (the tar is uncuttable). All other trapdoors are accessible.

[Edited by Stefan at Local Time:05-11-2005 at 12:57 PM: other trapdoors]

05-11-2005 at 12:46 PM
The_Red_Hawk
OK, I've fixed lvl 20, but 13 seems to be fine because that's the point where you go up a level. I've sent a new version to Schik to hopefully be up soon. :)

05-14-2005 at 01:34 PM
silver
Rank Points: 915
I believe what Stefan meant is that because you cannot get west of the queens and scare them east, you cannot ever get to the east exit.

05-14-2005 at 04:44 PM
silver
Rank Points: 915
Tried it a million different ways... there is simply no getting to the east exit of 13 1N in its current configuration. unless you show me a demo proving otherwise, I'm convinced level 13 is impossible.

05-19-2005 at 06:41 PM
cbemom
All right, I give up. Slogged through the first six levels, and I just don't find it interesting enough to battle the rest.

I would advise those who are easily frustrated (like me), or a beginner to avoid this hold - at least until they try several of the easier ones - like Beethro's first job, or HIJK

06-03-2005 at 08:58 PM
The_Red_Hawk
I'm sorry that I haven't been able to post here for the last month or so...it's been very busy with exams, and I haven't had much time for the forums (as I've stated a couple of other places as well).

silver wrote:
Tried it a million different ways... there is simply no getting to the east exit of 13 1N in its current configuration. unless you show me a demo proving otherwise, I'm convinced level 13 is impossible.

I'm sorry, but I don't understand why you can't solve it. I am assuming that you are entering from the top left? As in all the rooms, the fifth "level" is the only one which you can solve the rooms from. As confirmation, I replayed the room and it is perfectly solvable.

If you need a spoiler...

Click here to view the secret text

Hope that helps.

07-09-2005 at 02:45 AM
StuartK
Rank Points: 564
Sorry TRH, but you're wrong again. For want of a more diplomatic way of putting it (sorry) you've obviously got a mental block here, so please read carefully.

I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you could make an update to fix this and L20 3N1W...
07-09-2005 at 08:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
The_Red_Hawk
StuartK wrote:

Thank you *very* *much* [/exhaustion] :P

Apologies for not understanding correctly...I thought from the wording of the posts that the problem was with solving the room, not with exiting the first time. The problem is now fixed.

I'm sure we'd all appreciate it if you could make an update to fix this and L20 3N1W...

...I fixed 20:3N1W a long time ago...see my second previous post. As confirmation, I replayed it and it's solvable.

[Last edited by The_Red_Hawk at 07-09-2005 03:18 PM]
07-09-2005 at 02:58 PM
StuartK
...I fixed 20:3N1W a long time ago...see my second previous post. As confirmation, I replayed it and it's solvable.
The version available for download via Caravelnet does not include the fix, but if you upload your updated hold to fix for L13, that should be solved at the same time :)
07-09-2005 at 03:35 PM
The_Red_Hawk
Well, I already did, so it should be solved. :)

Sorry for all the delays in getting the fixes straight.

07-09-2005 at 04:14 PM
StuartK
I still don't see an option within DROD to upgrade the hold...
07-09-2005 at 04:56 PM
Stefan
icon Re: Deep Hold (+1)  
First of all, you still haven't updated this hold, even though you said you updated it about a month ago.

However, before you go updating it, check the following things in the version you are about to put on the forum and change if necessary (which is most likely the case):

L25:2E: I don't think this room is possible. (anyone is of course welcome to prove me wrong) There are just too many queens. An easy fix would be either to remove some queens and playtest the room OR to move the 'wall-structure' (the whole shape with queens included, not just one square of wall) at (1) one square south.

L25:2N: This room is impossible. There's no way to get to the tar mother in time (it gets blocked by uncuttable tar)

L25:2N1E: This room is also impossible. Whatever you do, you'll die within a few moves.

08-10-2005 at 10:04 PM
The_Red_Hawk
icon Re: Deep Hold (+1)  
[sigh] Fixed...I hope.

02-07-2006 at 02:23 AM
The_Red_Hawk
I don't have CaravelNet...

02-09-2006 at 03:51 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Wallu meant to update the version on the board, I believe, so that he could download it in-game via CaravelNet, and so that the highscores could be using the new hold. Since I don't see an attachment, I assume that is what you did...the only thing I can think of is that something went wrong or you attached the same hold again. Perhaps try updating to the new version again (through your profile)?

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-09-2006 at 03:57 PM
The_Red_Hawk
I did update through my profile...

The new "fixed" hold has the same name as the old one, if that's what you mean. I thought it automatically replaces the one that's at the top of this thread...

02-09-2006 at 04:57 PM
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Hey man, I thought so too. I figured you updated it correctly, since there wasn't an attachment anywhere except in the first post. I'm not entirely sure what the problem wallu is seeing is, but I just wanted to make sure that everything was good on your end.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
02-09-2006 at 05:02 PM
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
Caravelnet doesn't seem to recognize the hold as updated for me. I have a feeling that this is an issue for Schik, not something that Red Hawk did wrong.

02-09-2006 at 05:13 PM
coppro
Rank Points: 1308
I don't have CaravelNET, but I am going to guess that the discrepancy comes in with the way versions are saved. If they are saved based on time and date, instant problems. Or does it have a corruptable version ID?
02-09-2006 at 06:05 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
Red Hawk, can you attach the new version of your hold to a post? I'd like to figure out what's going on and that will be the easiest way for me to do so.

Thanks!

02-09-2006 at 06:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Page 1 of 2
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Deep Hold (Various)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com