Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Floor spikes
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
bradwall
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 423
IP: Logged
icon Floor spikes (+2)  
I don't know if something like this has been suggested.
Floor spikes pop up from the floor every spawn cycle, then go back into the floor (just appears for one movement). If Beethro is standing on the floor where the spikes will come up, then he is killed. The floor would look different for that area(s) that are set with spikes so that you know where not to be standing when the pop up. Some puzzles having to do with time related movment could be made with them.
The spikes would kill monsters that are standing on them as well. This would help to make more puzzles from it.
Haven't decided whether serpents would be killed by it or not.

03-31-2005 at 09:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
stigant
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1182
icon Re: Floor spikes (0)  
couple of ideas: spikes could also be controled by orbs. As far as snakes, they could split them in two, or possibly prevent the snake from moving as long as the spikes are up.

03-31-2005 at 10:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bradwall
stigant wrote:
couple of ideas: spikes could also be controled by orbs. As far as snakes, they could split them in two, or possibly prevent the snake from moving as long as the spikes are up.

Maybe two types of spikes... those controlled by orbs and those that are on the spawn. Either way, they kill everything that is on it (except for serpents) and serpents can't go over it (can use to trap them I guess). Maybe if a serpent is on it then they just get stuck and don't move at all, but doesn't kill them.
03-31-2005 at 11:09 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Rank Points: 352
Or maybe just making the orbs make the spikes stay up for the rest of that spawn cycle?
04-01-2005 at 12:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
wackhead_uk wrote:
Or maybe just making the orbs make the spikes stay up for the rest of that spawn cycle?
yeah... true. That wouldn't be a bad idea.
I guess that you could have a lot of variants on this.

04-01-2005 at 12:08 AM
Garlonuss
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 275
Would the spikes be allowed to hurt tar? If so, would it be limited only to unstable tar or could it be used to eliminate stable tar from Beethro's path?

Click here to view the secret text

04-01-2005 at 12:46 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bradwall
Garlonuss wrote:
Would the spikes be allowed to hurt tar? If so, would it be limited only to unstable tar or could it be used to eliminate stable tar from Beethro's path?

I would think of it killing all tar... babies, mothers, and all (if they are under the spikes).
I guess that you could have tar that is under the spikes make babies when it is hit. But, if the babies get hit with the spikes, then they die.
So, the spawn could trigger the spikes, turning all tar into babies when they are hit, then if they get hit by the spikes again, they are dead.
It would be a cool way of creating multiple tar babies from tar tht is not a mother but still happening on a spawn. And, you could imagin, you could have it create many babies by having a lot of tar under the spikes.

04-01-2005 at 01:03 AM
JimTheMighty
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 14
Seems like a cool idea. I would suggest (to simplify things) having the spikes act exactly as Beethro's sword. I think that the switch-control idea would work best with pressure plates, if they ever get implemented :? , as they could stay up while there was pressure on the plate, and move down normally (there could either be 2 types, or the same type could do both).
04-05-2005 at 05:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
bradwall
I would be interested in what Mike Rimer and/or Erik think of this.
04-05-2005 at 06:06 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Floor spikes
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com