Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Bugs: Early level complete, tar baby chortle, evil twin player config
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
StuartK
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 564
IP: Logged
icon Bugs: Early level complete, tar baby chortle, evil twin player config (0)  
Playing Level 7, and I got the 'level complete' message & music with one room remaining, 2N1W. If it makes any difference, I had visited the stairs room already.

I completed a tar room. If I create further tar babies, and then kill them, Beethro gives his end of room chortle each time. I see there's a logic to this (if there are tar babies, the room is incomplete, and if they are then killed, the room is again complete) but it does get annoying. Is there a logical solution to this that doesn't involve Beethro laughing like a loon all the way to the exit?

I had two player configs 'Stuart' & 'Stuart' one of which I had to automatically add when starting build 20, as there was no default player (perhaps I could have clicked cancel at this point?) The other 'Stuart' with my actual play settings, which I imported from a fresh install of build 19 (containing demos from the main dungeon, my doodles, and

I played under the imported player setting for a couple of levels, reaching level 8.

I then deleted (I believe) the new (not imported) player settings, which I had not used.

The restore button disappeared. When I chose to 'Continue', I was still on level 8, with some rooms complete, and demos available for them. I played a few rooms, and the restore button reappeared. When entering the restore dialog, it displayed level 8 as if it were level 1.

As well as whatever bugfix is required, a couple of things could make the 'duplicate player name' thing less of a problem.

1. When installing a new build, there could be a button to import player settings, as well as name a new player. Unless that is, it is planned for existing player data to be left intact when upgrading...

2. In the list of available players, it would be nice to see some basic stats, no. of levels/holds completed etc. Maybe even a link to a more complete 'Player stats' screen. Just to make it easier to not delete the wrong one. And to bask in ego stroking glory, of course.

If the above doesn't make sense, apologies. Gotta rush...
06-20-2003 at 01:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
IP: Logged
icon Re: Bugs: Early level complete, tar baby chortle, evil twin player config (0)  
Yeah, maybe the conquer-room laughter can be restricted to one time now that we'll have the color cue on the map for when a room is clean or not.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-20-2003 at 01:36 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Bugs: Early level complete, tar baby chortle, evil twin player config
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com