Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Meckmecks World (Drod Adventure )
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

4.2/10 (20 votes)
σ 2.23
Author Name:Daniel
Submitted By:MeckMeck GRE
Hold Name:Meckmecks World
Theme:Drod Adventure
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:6
Number of Rooms:41
Number of Monsters:421
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:-1 (+0 / -1)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Meckmecks World.hold (21.5 KB)
Downloaded 2381 times.
License: Other
icon Meckmecks World  
Your at home. Going to bed you recive a SMS. The good eyes are going to make a party. Beethro as a old party lion of course wants to go there. But first he has to style him a little. As he proceed to the bathroom he heared odd noises. Something has broken in his house... play and youll get to know how the story goes on.
03-05-2005 at 12:20 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
selotte
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 22
icon Re: Meckmecks World (+2)  
admin wrote:
Your at home. Going to bed you recive a SMS. The good eyes are going to make a party. Beethro as a old party lion of course wants to go there. But first he has to style him a little. As he proceed to the bathroom he heared odd noises. Something has broken in his house... play and youll get to know how the story goes on.

Tried to play the game, but have ploblem with the eyes, there are no way to get in the dance floor and no way in the bar, In 3N I canīt reach the Tarmother to the west. If it can be done, I would like to hear about it.
03-05-2005 at 03:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 594
icon Re: Meckmecks World (0)  
selotte wrote:
admin wrote:

Tried to play the game, but have ploblem with the eyes, there are no way to get in the dance floor and no way in the bar, In 3N I canīt reach the Tarmother to the west. If it can be done, I would like to hear about it.

Who said you should kill those unguilty dancing eyes ?
And 1N2E is a blank. Enter and die (a punishment for not recuing the eye. Restore the game one room before.)

Meckmeck
03-05-2005 at 07:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
doink~
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
The idea of incorporating a crime story is great. A quite easy hold, but I enjoyed it nonetheless - good break from the harder ones. A note though, 1W in "The Prison" is evil... I had to use the map in the hints and solutions to figure it out. Perhaps I'm just too careless.

I'm looking forward to another MeckMeck hold, keep it up! :yes

03-06-2005 at 01:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1645
icon Re: Meckmecks World (+1)  
There is something utterly bizarre about 'rescuing' eyes by stabbing them in the pupil.
03-15-2005 at 05:17 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Blood Maggot
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 42
Beethro kills so many innocent eyes, doesn't that make him a criminal anyway?
03-19-2005 at 01:26 PM
MeckMeck GRE
Fixed : You haventī to kill a single eyeball now (expect the Eyeguards in the Prisons 1N1W, but those are declared Eye robots now !. ;)

[Edited by MeckMeck GRE at Local Time:03-19-2005 at 03:51 PM]
03-19-2005 at 03:50 PM
md5i
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 109
When I correctly solve the mystery, the stair returns me to the city. Is this intentional, or a stair bug?

03-20-2005 at 10:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Thanks md5i ! It was my fault.

Bug fixed however.....
03-21-2005 at 06:58 PM
MeckMeck GRE

File: Meckmecks World.hold (23 KB)
Downloaded 169 times.
License: Other
Mayor update (attatched) :

--> Converted hold to JtrH
--> Replaced many scrolls with character dialogues
--> Few story changes
--> New scene : You see the stars exploding and the real murder
--> New scene when using wrong jail emergency exit passwort
--> Use of different floor styles

Update 2 :

--> Beethros house hall is the same in the first and the forelast level
--> Meckmeck does now speak a second sentence when you cleaned his dorn room. Before you have to hear the first sentence again. Will also be fixed soon.

Update 3 :

--> Reduced Hold size.

[Edited by MeckMeck GRE at Local Time:04-06-2005 at 03:01 PM]
04-01-2005 at 07:53 PM
west.logan
Rank Points: 608
Looks like this hold hasn't been looked at since 2005 and I'm not surprised.

It had potential. It was supposed to be something of a murder-plot mystery where you go around collecting clues and trying to solve the mystery.

Good premise, poor execution. Most of the rooms don't have any kind of puzzles and the "clues" are very poorly spelled. I would guess that English isn't the author's first language but presumably anyone at the forum would have been happy to have assisted on that.

The story is told through a myriad of scrolls some of which just state that an object is a toilet and some of which are actually important and are supposed to help you solve. This was a bit annoying, since there were so many in different locations I found it rather bothersome to go all the way over to some place just to find out that it pointed out the strangely shaped door thingy was a sink. By the end, I felt I had not gained enough information to solve the mystery and just guessed. If I had known what information was meant to be conveyed then perhaps I could have, as it was, with the misspellings and grammar problems, I didn't understand a scroll half the time.

Didn't have too much fun with this one. I wouldn't put it on a to-do list unless you're a completionist.

08-01-2011 at 08:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Meckmecks World (Drod Adventure ) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com