Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : A few quirks involving living tar, not necessarily bugs
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
J.L.
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 38
IP: Logged
icon A few quirks involving living tar, not necessarily bugs (0)  
Quirk 1:
The tar can't be deleted by the tile brush under the roach tab, even though the tar brush appears under the roach tab. The correct tile brush for deleting tab appears under the orb tile, which seems a bit counter-intuitive

Quirk 2:
Deleting the living tar always creates tar babies.

Quirk 3:
Deleting tar mothers requires two too many steps. First you have to delete the tar below it with the tile brush under the orb tab. Then you have to delete the eyes (now red) with the tile brush under the roach tab. Then you have to put the tar back in where it used to be.

Also, just now, I somehow managed to decapitate a snake, leaving an empty tile between its head and body. I think I did it using the tile brush under the orb tab, but I'm not sure. I can't check because naturally, it corrupted my data files, and DROD crashes when I go to "build."
06-18-2003 at 04:53 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2708
IP: Logged
icon Re: A few quirks involving living tar, not necessarily bugs (0)  
J.L. wrote:
Quirk 1:
The tar can't be deleted by the tile brush under the roach tab, even though the tar brush appears under the roach tab. The correct tile brush for deleting tab appears under the orb tile, which seems a bit counter-intuitive

Quirk 2:
Deleting the living tar always creates tar babies.

There's already a thread about these two quirks.

Quirk 3:
Deleting tar mothers requires two too many steps. First you have to delete the tar below it with the tile brush under the orb tab. Then you have to delete the eyes (now red) with the tile brush under the roach tab. Then you have to put the tar back in where it used to be.

I can delete mothers simply by using the tile brush under the monster tab - I don't need to delete the tar under the mother, or return it later.

Eytan

06-18-2003 at 04:57 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : A few quirks involving living tar, not necessarily bugs
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com