Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Bugs : Shrubbery, new room default behaviour
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
StuartK
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 564
IP: Logged
icon Bugs : Shrubbery, new room default behaviour (0)  
1. OK, I filled an area with a pit in my new hold ('Shrub!') up to the edge of the room (half of the entrance room, from the left, safety off) I added a new room below, the top line of which was automatically half pit. I deleted the entire pit in the first room (stupid pit) and redrew the wall at the edge.

In the room directly below, the very top row still shows pit squares.

Having thought about this a little, I'm not absolutely certain what I want fixing, if anything. FWIW, I'd prefer to be in complete control of what goes into a room, rather than have decisions made for me. It's a minor ease-of-use and control issue though (I'll still make some suggestions regarding this in an accompanying post)

2a. There seem to be some graphical/cosmetic bugs with closely packed shrubbery, using the 'Lava' room style. Closeley packed shrubs cut off the edges of each other. Round shrubs become square shrubs.

2b. Also with the same room style, two shrubs placed next to each other, horizontally or vertically, produce an orphan 'branch' and an additional 'middle' shadow, in an adjacent square, like so.

XXXX
XXXX
-

XX
XX
XX|
XX

The shadow issue is noticeable (just about) in the 'Ice' and 'Palace' room styles too.
06-17-2003 at 04:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
eytanz
Rank Points: 2708
icon Re: Bugs : Shrubbery, new room default behaviour (0)  
StuartK wrote:
1. OK, I filled an area with a pit in my new hold ('Shrub!') up to the edge of the room (half of the entrance room, from the left, safety off) I added a new room below, the top line of which was automatically half pit. I deleted the entire pit in the first room (stupid pit) and redrew the wall at the edge.

In the room directly below, the very top row still shows pit squares.

Having thought about this a little, I'm not absolutely certain what I want fixing, if anything. FWIW, I'd prefer to be in complete control of what goes into a room, rather than have decisions made for me. It's a minor ease-of-use and control issue though (I'll still make some suggestions regarding this in an accompanying post)

I think the current behavior here is perfect - if you create a new room, it's walls default to be identical to adjacent rooms. After that, however, you can change it manually.

Note that Dugan's dungeon has at least some rooms which have non-identical borders to their neighbours.

Eytan

[Edited by eytanz on 06-17-2003 at 04:44 PM]

06-17-2003 at 04:43 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Watcher
Rank Points: 902
icon Re: Bugs : Shrubbery, new room default behaviour (0)  
It's been added to the database.

06-17-2003 at 05:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Bugs : Shrubbery, new room default behaviour
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com