Announcement: To see an overview of all the holds in this forum, see this page. You cannot directly add your hold by attaching it here - you must get your hold approved by Hold Administrators. Check this thread for details.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Egg's Dungeon (My first hold. I hope you enjoy it.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Your Rating
Average User Rating
Difficulty:
Overall:

5.6/10 (16 votes)
σ 1.87
Author Name:egg egg
Submitted By:egg egg
Hold Name:Egg's Dungeon
Theme:My first hold. I hope you enjoy it.
Author's Difficulty:
Number of Levels:5
Number of Rooms:65
Number of Monsters:1643
Version:DROD: Architect's Edition
High Scores:View High Scores
Hold Karma:1 (+1 / -0)
Poster Message
admin
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 8
IP: Logged

File: Eggs Dungeon.hold (15.2 KB)
Downloaded 2196 times.
License: Other
icon Egg's Dungeon  

01-20-2005 at 04:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Stefan
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2119
icon Re: Egg's Dungeon (0)  
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
2 words - Architecture Forum. :)
I couldn't have said it better.

There's some problems with this hold on the 'medium' level (some rooms are not completable and you get stuck if you even try)

01-20-2005 at 05:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Stefan wrote:
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
2 words - Architecture Forum. :)
I couldn't have said it better.

There's some problems with this hold on the 'medium' level (some rooms are not completable and you get stuck if you even try)
Hmm...there have been several holds submitted to the Holds board recently and almost none of them to the Architecture board first.

Matt, would you add a line to the top of the hold submit form (what comes up when you click the "submit hold" link) that again says something like "Please submit your hold to the Architecture Board for testing before submitting it here." Of course it says that right next to the submit link, but it seems like people aren't catching it (or maybe don't care...but that's a different problem to be addressed in other ways).

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-20-2005 at 05:47 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Why can't mods delete holds like these? Ones that didn't first go to architecture. Not that you deserve the work, but at least you will have the Holds in order and all are completed holds.

I have an idea : How about only moving your hold and not submiting. So instead of having a page to submit a hold, have a page to move a hold from architecture to Holds somehow.

[Edited by rowrow at Local Time:01-20-2005 at 06:04 PM]

01-20-2005 at 06:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
Well, there are some holds that have private beta tests. I believe that jdyer's hold was that way. He never put it on the Architecture forum. But he did advertise for beta testers, I think.

Anyway, I was going to suggest the same thing. Obviously the admonition near the Submit Hold button isn't enough. The warning after clicking the button should impress upon the submitter that the hold will be judged very harshly by the community if it isn't playtested correctly, preferably by them in the Architecture board.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-20-2005 at 06:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
rowrow
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 432
Also, I think it's coming from this post.
It really needs rewording. It says you don't have to put it in architecture.

01-20-2005 at 06:16 PM
Oneiromancer
Actually, we just recently made changes to the text on the Holds listing on the main DROD page, where people that never even bother to make a forum account can download and submit holds. I don't know how many people read that post of Erik's, but I agree it could be made more strict.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
01-20-2005 at 06:18 PM
egg egg
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 64
I have edited the hold so it is possible, and resubmitted it ( Twice accidentaly)
01-30-2005 at 08:52 AM
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
It's possible to update this version without resubmitting the hold. (Go to your profile and your holds)

It's not possible to add/delete rooms but you're only fixing some bugs. Could you update this version and have someone delete the other two?
01-30-2005 at 08:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bdwing
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 288
First of all, I am treating this thread as if it is the only one of the three which will still be here in the future.

Secondly, I have downloaded and tested all three verions of Egg's Dungeon currently available. The version in this thread is still the same as it originally was. The versions in the other two threads seem to be identical.

Thirdly, in level medium: room Once North, Once West in the updated version there is a yellow gate which does not toggle from any on the orbs.
I'm thinking that this was intended to be a green gate instead.

Lastly, could a moderator please remove two of these threads or combine them together?

[Edited by bdwing at Local Time:01-31-2005 at 04:13 AM]

"Until it ends, there is no end."
01-31-2005 at 04:11 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Okay, I locked the other two topics for this hold. Egg, please post when you've updated this version (by going to your Profile as was mentioned) and then I or Schik can delete the others.

Game on,

01-31-2005 at 05:26 PM
egg egg

Downloaded 186 times.
icon Re: Egg's Dungeon (+1)  
I have updated the hold to make it possible, but it wont let me update it from my profile even though i havent added any rooms!
What has Hapened?
Here is the new version anyway
02-02-2005 at 07:01 PM
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
egg egg wrote:
I have updated the hold to make it possible, but it wont let me update it from my profile even though i havent added any rooms!
What has Hapened?
You couldn't update this particular copy because it was submitted as Anonymous - i.e. you weren't logged in when you submitted.

I upgraded the hold in this topic to the one you attached to the previous post, and marked it as uploaded by you so that you can update it in the future if you need to.

I'll take this as acknowledgement that this is the version to be saved, and I'll remove the other two.

As for your other hold that has two uploads in Holds.... which one should I delete?

02-04-2005 at 04:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
egg egg

Downloaded 202 times.
The one with the lowest rating please!

Also I have found yet another bug in the hold, and have fixed this. i have made the hold anyone edit because im sure you are all sick of replaying the same levels.

[Edited by egg egg at Local Time:02-06-2005 at 09:47 AM]
02-06-2005 at 09:45 AM
silver
Rank Points: 915
now that JtRH is out, I can see that the ending of this dungeon is not bugged via the usual Drod:AE "you have too many holds and your personal data is corrupt" bug, but by design - the "last" staircase goes back to the entrance (and I mean the one in the vault after the "treasure room")

04-16-2005 at 06:51 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
MeckMeck GRE
Rank Points: 594

File: Eggegg.xls (16.5 KB)
Downloaded 110 times.
icon Re: Egg's Dungeon : Nice one ! (0)  
I just played the hold and I would say : Very good !

Beside some dumb hack and slay rooms is this hold realy nice and contains some interesting puzzles. My favourite room is Medium 1O1E and 1O1W and the room between. Attatched is a filled out "form" I once made (the empty one) because of boredom......
04-16-2005 at 08:06 PM
larrymurk
Rank Points: 1911
Fairly easy, ok hold.
05-22-2005 at 11:50 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Holds : Egg's Dungeon (My first hold. I hope you enjoy it.) Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com