Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : A Hold as a hacking challenge (Turning Turing annoyed about this)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Recher2
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 16
IP: Logged
icon A Hold as a hacking challenge (+2)  
Hi everyone.

My first message here. I just hope I didn't miss any rule of politeness in this forum, like presenting myself on a specific topic.

Just to tell you I made a hold that will be used as a hacking challenge, for the CTF of the Toulouse Hacking Convention.

I can not give it immediately to you, because it would be a leak. We will have to wait until this Sunday.

I guess it breaks some of the "rules to be a good hold", because players have to open it in the editor and reverse-engineer the scripts to understand what should be done during playing. It's made on purpose, there are parchments in the hold explicitly telling you have to do that.

But even if it breaks the rules, I hope you will find it fun. It's based on KDD, whose scripting language is very basic. I had some difficulties to implement my idea with it (it was a challenge by itself). But I'm happy to have made it.

Also: voice acting but sound recording was not very good.

See you soon !

04-21-2023 at 09:52 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Recher2
icon Re: A Hold as a hacking challenge (+2)  
Some other concerns (of interest or not).

I know DROD for long. I really love the idea, but I never took time to completely dig into it. I finished Webfoot Drod a long time ago and tested some demos.

There was always a potential task "create DROD levels" in my head. I'm happy to have it done now. Will try to do more levels in the future.

I registered on this forum 20 years ago, but I lost the password and nothing happens when I click "lost password". Never mind. I was the user "Réchèr".

Browsing this forum and reading my own old posts gives some nostalgic feelings. Thank you for still existing !

[Last edited by Recher2 at 04-21-2023 10:12 AM]
04-21-2023 at 10:02 AM
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2383
icon Re: A Hold as a hacking challenge (0)  
There are some folks around here who would likely enjoy such a challenge.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
04-21-2023 at 05:56 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Recher2

File: TUR-ROX-ROACH.hold (4.3 MB)
Downloaded 46 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: A Hold as a hacking challenge (+2)  
Oh nice !

For information, no one managed to solve the challenge during the CTF. But they are not very much accustomed to these sort of challenge. They do mostly cybersecurity things (SQL injection, cryptography, ...)

I hope you will do better than them. It works with the KDD episode.

Feel free to use the editor to modify/analyze/copy/clean the rooms. The real aim was not to solve the level, but to discover a secret code hidden inside (called "the flag").

Also : enjoy the voice acting!

[Last edited by Recher2 at 04-23-2023 10:53 AM]
04-23-2023 at 10:23 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : A Hold as a hacking challenge (Turning Turing annoyed about this)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com