Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : _Beam (Configurable beam damage)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
IP: Logged
icon _Beam (+1)  
This thread https://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=35930 asked for something similar way back when. That thread has since been set to Fix Verified status so I didn't want to bump it, but made a new thread for a different request to what was implemented.

Explosions and hot tiles have a global variable to to set their strength, and if set to a negative value, do fixed damage. I'd like to see something similar for aumtlich beams, because people hate the 50% damage beams.

There is an argument that because beams are a property of a specific monster, perhaps it makes more sense to have _MyBeam instead, however given the beams fired by different monsters are not visually distinct, I'm fine with them being applied on a global basis. This would also let you change the value of the stock aumtlich beam too.
12-30-2022 at 10:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: _Beam (0)  
Thank you, hyperme!

PR

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
06-29-2023 at 05:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
greenscience
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 141
icon Re: _Beam (+3)  
Looking through the code, it looks like this PR changes beam damage from rounding down (3/2 = 1) to rounding up (3/2 = 2). While rounding up is consistent with how hot tiles and speed bombs behave not sure that the Aumtlich room in Paycheck is possible when rounding up beam damage. Should there be a variable for rounding mode or make it so _Beam always rounds down?
10-10-2023 at 12:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : _Beam (Configurable beam damage)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com