Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Quirks with force arrows, armed entities, and daggers
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Quirks with force arrows, armed entities, and daggers (+2)  
I was glancing through old bug threads and noticed this post I made: http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=40853&page=0#404276

I decided to look into it a bit more. Here's what I found.

-If a stalwart or soldier with a dagger is on a force arrow, and there is a monster directly behind him, (that is, in a position where the stalwart's movement is blocked by the force arrow) he will stab the monster.
-However, if there is a bomb behind the monster, the stalwart will not stab it.
-But there's more! If a guard is in the same situation, with Beethro directly behind him, the guard will not stab at all, whether there's a bomb there or not. Instead he just stays in place.

This all holds in both 5.1 and the latest 5.1.1 candidate.

I thought it was worth clearing up if any of this should be changed.

Personally, I think stalwarts and guards should behave the same way in this situation. As for the specifics, I believe it makes the most sense for both to attack behind them when it's clearly "safe", but I could go either way on whether they should do the same if bombs are involved.
10-26-2021 at 04:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: Quirks with force arrows, armed entities, and daggers (+2)  
Looked at another old thread about weapon behavior, and noticed this:

- "Stalwart with a spear on monster will move into the monster to kill, even if bomb is one tile further because it won't be stabbed"

This feels like a comparable situation. Guards work the same way here - they will stab Beethro with a spear if there's a bomb on the tile past him.
10-26-2021 at 04:47 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Quirks with force arrows, armed entities, and daggers (0)  
hyperme has submitted a fix for the next build:

PR

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-17-2021 at 10:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: Quirks with force arrows, armed entities, and daggers (+1)  
Confirmed:
-Guards with daggers on force arrows will stab against the direction of the arrow. They will still do this if there is a bomb, keg, slayer, or guard in the direction of the stab.

-Stalwarts and soldiers will stab against the direction of the arrow, even if there is a player, double (including timeclones), Halph, stalwart, soldier, bomb, or keg in that direction.
12-21-2021 at 09:15 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Quirks with force arrows, armed entities, and daggers
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com