Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Timeclones change facing before rearming with disarm token.
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Timeclones change facing before rearming with disarm token. (0)  
Record a temporal projection. Have the player step on a disarm token, then step on another one. The projection will end up facing in the direction it moves on that turn, not the direction it's actually facing.

This seems like a bug. They shouldn't be moving before the token activates - and in fact, when disarming, they clearly don't as a timeclone blocked by another timeclone's weapon will move on the turn a token is stepped on. My guess is that what's happening is that the game is tracking the orientation they'll have after moving and making them face that way, rather than using the orientation they have at the time of rearming.

I guess it's possible this might have been an intentional decision meant to make it easier to predict which way the timeclones will face. If this is the case, I think it actually backfires for players who have gotten used to the quirks of rearming with mimics.
07-20-2021 at 09:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1530
icon Re: Timeclones change facing before rearming with disarm token. (+2)  
My testing isn't turning up this behavior at all. If when I record a timeclone it's facing south and just pacing east/west, and then while that timeclone is playing back (pacing east/west) I activate a disarm token a few times, it behaves exactly how I would expect. That is: While disarmed, the timeclone's "preimage" shows that it will not face a new direction, but it actually does when the turn is played out (because it's unarmed, that makes sense); on a turn when it re-arms its "preimage" shows that it will not face a new direction, and since it becomes armed before its turn, it doesn't, and continues facing the way it was before.

I'm unsure if this is related to some change (since I'm playing the latest available beta) or if I just misunderstand the circumstances under which you're encountering this.

Something else that is a bit interesting, but perhaps not a "problem" per se, is that even if the timeclone is recorded disarmed, its "preimage" will still show it facing the way it would if it were armed, even if what actually happened during the recording was a disarmed player turning around because he moved. But...it still moves exactly as expected, as far as I can tell.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 07-20-2021 10:59 PM]
07-20-2021 at 10:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Timeclones change facing before rearming with disarm token. (0)  
This is what I get for not checking things in the beta, this is already fixed there! So never mind, then.

I did double-check in the release version to make sure I wasn't imagining things.
07-20-2021 at 11:31 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Timeclones change facing before rearming with disarm token.
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com