Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Facile Ambulare (Short Scripted Level)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Somniator
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
IP: Logged

File: Facile Ambulare_final_of_final.hold (36 KB)
Downloaded 56 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Facile Ambulare (+3)  
A small hold with simple scripted puzzles.
06-11-2021 at 12:08 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
LovaP48
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 103
icon Re: Facile Ambulare (0)  
These seem like neat ideas, though, they could use their own art/tiles/characters, instead of using existing elements.
EDIT: Though, I assume the oremites-killing thing needs to be as it is, when you want to utilize the fact that soldiers get disarmed on them, fair point!

So far, the puzzles seem mostly doable, some have tight timing and positioning, which is good!

However, I seem to be stuck on 2N1W and it is quite a frustrating room.
No matter what I do, while passing the south most passage, I can't seem to be able to keep the soldier alive.
He arrives too early and I can't hold him from killing himself by stepping onto oremites and getting eaten.
Did I miss an idea here?

[Last edited by LovaP48 at 06-11-2021 11:11 AM]
06-11-2021 at 11:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Somniator
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 19
icon Re: Facile Ambulare (+2)  
LovaP48 wrote:
These seem like neat ideas, though, they could use their own art/tiles/characters, instead of using existing elements.

Thank you for the feedback. About the new elements that could have their own tiles. It is difficult to make a custom potion so that it follows the canon of mechanics. The same problem with custom tokens. I had to improvise.

LovaP48 wrote:
However, I seem to be stuck on 2N1W and it is quite a frustrating room.

About tricky room 2N1W:
Click here to view the secret text

06-11-2021 at 12:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
LovaP48
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 103
icon Re: Facile Ambulare (+1)  
Somniator wrote:

About tricky room 2N1W:
Click here to view the secret text

Well how about that! I have never intentionally used that trick, super cool! :thumbsup

Also 1N1W had some pretty tight manoeuvering, but doable!

Great short level, in my opinion.
06-11-2021 at 02:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Facile Ambulare (Short Scripted Level)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com