Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Pressing tab with only character clone in the room throws an assertion beep (5.1.1 regression)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
IP: Logged

File: BUG REPORT Clone Tab.hold (1.1 KB)
Downloaded 21 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Pressing tab with only character clone in the room throws an assertion beep (+2)  
Pressing tab in one of the following situations causes an assertion beep:

1. There are no real clones in the room and at least one visible Character with role Clone
2. There are real clones in the room and at least one visible Character with role Clone, with processing sequence that places it before the real clones. This also makes it impossible to navigate clones with Tab key.

Attached example hold.

11-06-2020 at 11:09 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: Pressing tab with only character clone in the room throws an assertion beep (+2)  
As a bonus, this also messes up clone ordering now that I fixed it so I will fix a fix to have a fix.

11-06-2020 at 11:28 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: Pressing tab with only character clone in the room throws an assertion beep (+2)  
So all the things fixed:

1. Tabbing through clones now works correctly even if there is a Character Clone in the room with processing sequence lesser than Clone processing sequence.
2. Tabbing though clones no longer assertion beeps when a there is a Character Clone with processing sequence lesser than first Clone processing sequence/no real clones in room.
3. Tabbing through clones now works correctly if there is a monster/character in-between two clones in the processing sequence (a different double or a character). Previously the clones past the gap would just be skipped.
4. Tabbing through clones no longer messes up movement order by putting the clones at the end of all monsters with the same processing speed. Previously if you placed Clone -> Decoy -> Clone and tabbed, you'd end up with movement order Decoy -> Clone -> Clone.

PR

11-06-2020 at 12:45 PM
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: Pressing tab with only character clone in the room throws an assertion beep (+1)  
This all seems good to me in 5.1.1.beta.2020-11-12

Something I noticed which is likely fine, but just mentioning it: When you add a double to a room by drinking a potion, that new double inserts itself in movement order before all other non-doubles, so doubles seem to always take up the first X movement order slots. The relative movement order of everything else seems unchanged so I'm sure it's fine.
11-12-2020 at 08:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: Pressing tab with only character clone in the room throws an assertion beep (+1)  
kieranmillar wrote:
Something I noticed which is likely fine, but just mentioning it: When you add a double to a room by drinking a potion, that new double inserts itself in movement order before all other non-doubles, so doubles seem to always take up the first X movement order slots. The relative movement order of everything else seems unchanged so I'm sure it's fine.

Has it worked like that in 5.1.0 and earlier?

11-12-2020 at 08:28 PM
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: Pressing tab with only character clone in the room throws an assertion beep (0)  
I just checked the last stable version and it seems to work that way, so I guess it's always been like this. Never noticed it before. How interesting.
11-12-2020 at 08:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Pressing tab with only character clone in the room throws an assertion beep (5.1.1 regression)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com