Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : TSS Custom Elements
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Kalin
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 185
IP: Logged
icon TSS Custom Elements (+1)  
I've seen the TSS custom elements mentioned in various places. (A recent contest and now in the bugs forums.)

What are they? Where do I get them?

I own TSS from a GOG bundle (version 5.1.0.6512). I do not have a CN subscription or any Steam versions.

10-15-2020 at 06:58 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: TSS Custom Elements (+1)  
If you have TSS registered through Caravel, then you can get the hold from your downloads page on the forum.

My understanding is that there is currently no supported method for downloading it otherwise.
10-15-2020 at 07:12 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: TSS Custom Elements (0)  
TSS custom elements are also bundled into the OST DLC (or the Deluxe edition) of TSS on Steam.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-16-2020 at 05:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Xindaris
Rank Points: 1531
I don't want to step on any toes, but..there do exist holds in architecture and/or published holds that are editable which use at least some of the elements from that pack. Would it be right to guess that someone who has bought TSS, even if it's not the caravel or steam version, would have permission to use them even if they got the elements "second-hand"?

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

10-16-2020 at 05:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
mrimer wrote:
TSS custom elements are also bundled into the OST DLC (or the Deluxe edition) of TSS on Steam.

The store page for the DLC only mentions custom graphics. I don't own this DLC because I already have the soundtrack, so I can't confirm whether it also includes the Custom Elements hold.

If it does, that should probably be mentioned on the store page.
10-16-2020 at 05:37 PM
mrimer
Rank Points: 5056
Oh, sorry, I misunderstood. I was just talking about the graphics, not scripted elements.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
10-16-2020 at 06:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Doom
Rank Points: 3226
icon Re: TSS Custom Elements (+1)  
I don't have the OST either, but according to steamdb listings, it includes "TSS Custom Elements Bonus Pack.zip". This is the same file that you can download on caravel, so it'll have the custom elements too (filesize and hash match).

Not that this helps GOG users much. If it's any consolation, if you get the files on Caravel or Steam, they should work on the GOG version too...

[Last edited by Doom at 10-16-2020 08:25 PM]
10-16-2020 at 08:25 PM
skell
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: TSS Custom Elements (+4)  
A guide to accessing TSS Custom Elements Bonus Pack on Steam:

1. Ensure you have purchased DROD: The Second Sky
and DROD: The Second Sky OST + Graphics Pack
2. Login to your Steam account in the steam application, and go to DROD: The Second Sky in your library.
3. On the right side find "Additional Conntent" and open DROD: The Second Sky OST
4. Click the blue "Download album" button and wait for it to download.
5. Click the "Browse Local Files" button on the same page once it downloads - if the page does not refresh automatically after the download finishes, go back to DROD: The Second Sky in your library and click on the OST again.
6. There you'll find TSS Custom Elements Bonus Pack.zip

10-26-2020 at 08:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : TSS Custom Elements
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com