Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Full-Reveal Map Item
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2670
IP: Logged
icon Full-Reveal Map Item (+3)  
DROD RPG has a red map item that will show a grey box on the minimap for every unexplored non-hidden room. This is not very useful and usually people want a way to full-reveal all of the rooms instead.

I'd like to propose another collectable map item that full-reveals all of the non-hidden rooms on the level.

I'm aware that this is currently possible via scripting, but given how common it is for people to script this and how tedious it can be to script it would be nice to have a default item that does this.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-03-2020 10:03 PM]
10-03-2020 at 02:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Full-Reveal Map Item (0)  
I've implemented this feature for v1.3.

PR

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-07-2020 at 04:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
icon Re: Full-Reveal Map Item (+1)  
This seems to be working well in 1.3.0.368.

One minor inconsistency I've noticed, although its not important. When you have rooms pre-revealed from a previous game, they appear on the minimap in a faded state. When you pick up this map item, any rooms you didn't know about are not faded, but any faded rooms already on your map stay faded. So on future playthroughs, the rooms revealed by the map will start faded and stay that way when you pick the map up.
12-04-2020 at 10:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Full-Reveal Map Item (0)  
kieranmillar wrote:
One minor inconsistency I've noticed, although its not important. When you have rooms pre-revealed from a previous game, they appear on the minimap in a faded state. When you pick up this map item, any rooms you didn't know about are not faded, but any faded rooms already on your map stay faded. So on future playthroughs, the rooms revealed by the map will start faded and stay that way when you pick the map up.
Good call out. I agree that from a cosmetic standpoint this issue is not too important. However, there is one other subtlety: when obtaining the detailed map, all pre-revealed rooms should now be "created for real" and get saved into the saved game in their current state (including monster stats, etc).

I've fixed this to work as intended -- fully revealing the faded minimap rooms and adding their state into the current game.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-07-2020 at 09:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
icon Re: Full-Reveal Map Item (+1)  
Can confirm in 1.3.0.370 that the full reveal map item properly reveals rooms explored on previous save games.
12-08-2020 at 10:00 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Full-Reveal Map Item
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com