Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Teleport Entity
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Teleport Entity (0)  
Currently, if you want to simulate moving a non-scripted object or monster from one place to another, you have to destroy it and use Generate Entity. This obviously has some significant limitations, such as the newly-generated version having different move order and not being able to do such a thing with clones.

So it would be nice to have a script command where you can specify a starting tile and a destination tile and just move things from one to the other.

This would mainly be for monsters, but being able to teleport kegs and bombs could be useful, since they'd blow up if attacked. I think anything else could be simulated with Build commands.
10-02-2020 at 04:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
IP: Logged
icon Re: Teleport Entity (0)  
Build: remove item

This works on bombs and kegs without blowing them up.

A teleport entity option would have made the girkle gun scripting a lot easier though. It would be a nice option to have. In particular, preserving monster turn order, or teleporting Halph, are two things I wanted to do but couldn't.

10-02-2020 at 05:40 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : Teleport Entity
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com