Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Question about Temporal Clones (Regarding using NPCs to change players)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 460
IP: Logged
icon Question about Temporal Clones (0)  
I used a character with "Imperative Ghost Display" to change the player to a Guard (like the tiles in Wonderquest) in my new hold, and the script had:

* Imperative Ghost Display
* Set player weapon Sword
* Set player role Guard

I was wondering why, upon using Temporal Split, the clone was unarmed while the player was not? Was it because of the Ghost Display command?

07-20-2019 at 02:52 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
icon Re: Question about Temporal Clones (0)  
Okay, even without "Ghost Display" the temporal clones are still disarmed. Do you guys know why?

[Last edited by azb at 07-20-2019 05:14 PM]
07-20-2019 at 05:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4576
This doesn't happen for me when I put that script in a completely empty room and place a temporal token, so it must be caused by some other element in the room: oremites, a disarm token (stepped on by any character that activates tokens, not just the player and timeclone) or another script.

Incidentally, what "Ghost Display" does is make the character whose script is running appear even though they are not "visible". This is mainly used when you want to make a character that can be stepped on, like a custom token.

07-20-2019 at 05:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Okay, I will check all of the other scripts in the room. Thank you! :)

07-20-2019 at 06:28 PM
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1638
Just a point of clarification, did you give the character you are using a custom script and name? I only ask because this sounds exactly like an issue I had recently. I encountered the exact same problem (I think?) when I made this room in "...She'll carry a Really Big Sword".:

Click here to view the secret text

I think it's something to do with custom characters not working properly with "set player weapon" and time tokens. I never ended up posting a bug report figuring it was such a precise set of constraints that it was unlikely anyone would ever encounter it again. Obviously I was wrong about that!

07-22-2019 at 05:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : Question about Temporal Clones (Regarding using NPCs to change players)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com