Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Unorthodox request, but need to change back character name in save file to be kept. (Needed help or advice.)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Heroinefan
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 12
IP: Logged
icon Unorthodox request, but need to change back character name in save file to be kept. (0)  
Can I have help editing, an obscene character name out of a saved game? ''game save file/.sav'' Any info to make it easier for me to give the character a name change?

Recommended tool?

This is a save file I intend to start from again with future playthroughs a lot of work was put into it.

This is a long story, and the name I need to change: is the result of a very unfunny joke ''apparently''.

[Last edited by Heroinefan at 12-06-2018 04:07 PM]
12-06-2018 at 04:06 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Heroinefan
Rank Points: 12
icon Re: Unorthodox request, but need to change back character name in save file to be kept. (0)  
Heroinefan wrote:
Can I have help editing, an obscene character name out of a saved game? ''game save file/.sav'' Any info to make it easier for me to give the character a name change?

Recommended tool?

This is a save file I intend to start from again with future playthroughs a lot of work was put into it.

This is a long story, and the name I need to change: is the result of a very unfunny joke ''apparently''.

Did it with ArtMoney pro, program, easy! I just searched and changed the name on the save file. Cant believe I bought that just for that lol.
12-09-2018 at 01:37 AM
Danjen02
Rank Points: 11
icon Re: Unorthodox request, but need to change back character name in save file to be kept. (0)  
When I have to hex edit something, I just use HxD. It's pretty much the standard for that sort of thing. :glasses

(Unrelated note, I happened to see a lot of Subterra's files and replays were either encrypted or compressed in some manner)

01-07-2019 at 08:43 AM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Crystal Shard Games : Unorthodox request, but need to change back character name in save file to be kept. (Needed help or advice.)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com