Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD:AE Style Mod (Stuck)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Matyuskah
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 10
IP: Logged
icon DROD:AE Style Mod (0)  
Hey everyone!

I recently found this: " DROD:AE Style Mod " - on the original site. I really want to play the original DROD, in it's retro charm ( at least for the style and music ).

I searched, but didn't found any kind of tutorial about how to get this " AE.dmf " file working.

I own the Steam version of the DROD ( Gunthro + 3 DLCs ), I finished each of them except The City Beneath so far.

The question is: how can I get this .dmf file to work? I tried the IMPORT section when Selecting a Hold, but it doesn't show the .dmf file - do I need some kind of extra MOD program for it ? Please help me out on this one, if you can.

Thanks.

11-13-2018 at 12:28 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
mauvebutterfly
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 720
icon Re: DROD:AE Style Mod (+3)  
The mod only works with holds that were made in AE as far as I know. In other words: custom holds.

Anyway, here's the process for getting it to work:

1. Download AE.dmf and save it in your DROD folder, or somewhere else you can find easily.
2. Open DROD.
3. Click "Build Levels" (you may be prompted to create a name for a hold; if you are it doesn't matter as you can just delete the hold later)
4. In the top right, under the box that says "Room Style", click the "Manage" button.
5. Click "Import" and then navigate to AE.dmf and install it.

I don't think that this will work for King Dugan's Dungeon (the original DROD) since that game has been updated, but it will work for custom holds that were made in Architect's Edition.

Here are some custom AE-era holds that I quite enjoyed (I rated them 8/10 or higher).
They are just recommendations for holds you can try in the AE styles.

Alphabetically:
Fortress of Eternity
Happyhouse
I Ching Contest Entries
ImpossibleCubes
Loony Labyrinth
Nightmare Dungeon
Phil's Dungeon
Simplicity
Smallsome Swicks
Tar Caves
The Killing Jar
The Oversight
The steps
Treasure Hunt
Veere's Dungeon

Unfortunately, it's been a while since I've played those, so I'm mostly going off of my ratings. I haven't played all AE holds, so there are probably other good ones too.

11-13-2018 at 03:45 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
robin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 842
icon Re: DROD:AE Style Mod (0)  
If you want the original drod hold,
You can find my version of it in my signature.

:D

11-13-2018 at 05:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : Development : DROD:AE Style Mod (Stuck)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com