Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : KDD High Scores (Unable to submit)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Sukutak
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
IP: Logged
icon KDD High Scores (+3)  
I recently got a CaravelNet subscription after beating KDD (and The Choice), most of GatEB, and about half of JtRH and TCB. I've been able to successfully upload my scores for TCB and GatEB, but something is keeping me from uploading them in KDD. Despite being connected (green check-mark), the Upload Scores button is greyed out. It resembles the issue talked about in TopicID=40414 on this forum (can't directly link yet since my account is new), which was fixed by some sort of toggle done by one of the admins; however, looking at more recent threads it seems like they no longer offer manual adding of games to Caravel accounts when purchased elsewhere. Am I out of luck, or am I just being dumb and missing something?

I got all the games on GOG instead of directly through Caravel, if that matters, so it's a different client for each game instead of the steam version where the first three are holds within the DROD 4 engine.

Edit: Requested a new key and for some reason the button works now. It doesn't seem to have uploaded any of my scores from The Choice, maybe because I don't have that registered to my account (played the version that's bundled with KDD2 instead of buying it as a Smitemaster Selection), but at least my KDD scores are up now.

[Last edited by Sukutak at 05-21-2018 10:29 PM]
05-21-2018 at 12:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1304
icon Re: KDD High Scores (0)  
KDD is not actually on Caravelnet; I'm not certain if there's a way of moving the demos over to KDD 2.0. I'm 95% sure that's the issue, but I don't know if there is a way to resolve it easily.
05-21-2018 at 10:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
blorx1
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 920
The KDD that comes with the Choice is definitely KDD 2.0.

You can check this in two ways:

1. If you download another hold (like 1LevelEZHold) from CaravelNet: are you able to upload high scores from the KDD client.

2. Does your version of KDD have secret rooms or voice acting? If it does it is KDD 2.0.

If you can't upload highscores from the KDD client, I'm not quite sure of the solution.

If the version of KDD you have is KDD 2.0 but that hold specifically won't upload highscores it sounds like it's what's mentioned in that topic and you're probably out of luck. There might be some tricks that could be done, but it's kind of messy and I don't know how to do them or if it would work.

05-21-2018 at 10:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Sukutak
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 13
I think I was typing up my edit while you replied, but I think it turned out to be user error, maybe a typo with putting in the key the first time. It still hasn't uploaded scores from The Choice (probably because it's a paid hold, and I played a version that was bundled with an old game?) and I'm missing 40ish rooms despite 100%ing it (I assume there were new rooms added to a more recent version?), but I'll take what I can get haha.
05-21-2018 at 10:40 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : KDD High Scores (Unable to submit)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com