Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Ever run into a fellow player in the wild?
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Ezlo
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1214
IP: Logged
icon Ever run into a fellow player in the wild? (+5)  
I just had the weirdest day at work. I work at a call center that deals with a certain kind of mutual fund account. Today at work I got a call from a gentleman who needed help resetting his online account so he could access his funds. I noticed his username looked very suspiciously like a username I remember fondly when I used to frequent here often. And I'm not supposed to but I had to ask.

"Excuse me sir, unrelated to all this I used to play a puzzle game that had a forum with a guy whose name was very similar to yours. Were you ever the type of person to play puzzle games?"

"Well the only one I played a lot of was one called Deadly Rooms of Death..."

I'm not going to share their name cause I forgot to ask if they would.be cool with it but he's a fellow smitemaster. What a surreal day.
10-25-2017 at 12:19 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
averagemoe
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 487
icon Re: Ever run into a fellow player in the wild? (0)  
I started a thread just for asking that kind of question. I'm disappointed in how little it's being used.

10-25-2017 at 02:12 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Someone Else
Rank Points: 1299
I'm looking forward to when that happens to me. And I'm considering getting my DROD number tattooed on my arm so that it's easy for people to identify me. :P
10-25-2017 at 04:45 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 112
I recall I met a fellow DROD player in, of all things, a Discord server for Petscop, a web video series about a supposedly lost PS1 game that had a deep lore to it and was generally creepy. I was able to recognize them because they had our fellow World's Best Salesman for their avatar. It was a pretty cool thing to see, honestly.

Her/him | & | Steam | Backloggery
11-23-2017 at 10:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Ezlo
Rank Points: 1214
icon Re: Ever run into a fellow player in the wild? (+2)  
Another sighting, kinda. Was watching a random streamer play some old DOS games when he decides to pick up and play one of Larry Murk's old puzzle games Blockman! Ended up chatting to the guy about Larry's continued puzzle game creation habits and hopefully he'll give DROD a try soon.
06-08-2018 at 06:05 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Professor Tio
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 100
icon Re: Ever run into a fellow player in the wild? (+3)  
Holy crap I found someone on Discord that's played DROD before! If only, AE I think? But either way.

Click here to view the secret text

He said he played the JtRH demo and didn't really like it, so I'm gonna see about suggesting he try TSS and/or RPG some time. Also context for this, at the time I was just kinda memeing about one of Xindaris' holds (the one with the keg rings) and how the scripting was becoming aware of the hold developer's antics.

02-24-2019 at 11:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pearls
Rank Points: 767
icon Re: Ever run into a fellow player in the wild? (+1)  
One time, I met Robobob at PAX. I miss Robobob. He made a good hold that you should play called Compass Point.

I've met Dischorran but we don't talk about that time because of the whole court order thing.

I've also met Schik's brother and challenged him to a game of Rock, Paper, Scissors. I lost.

However, none of these are really "in the wild" so I don't know why I'm posting.

02-26-2019 at 06:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
RoboBob3000
Rank Points: 1978
Hey. :wave:

[Last edited by RoboBob3000 at 02-26-2019 07:33 PM]
02-26-2019 at 07:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Pearls
Rank Points: 767
*gasp*

02-27-2019 at 02:48 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jbluestein
Rank Points: 1670
icon Re: Ever run into a fellow player in the wild? (+2)  
Ezlo wrote:
I just had the weirdest day at work. I work at a call center that deals with a certain kind of mutual fund account. Today at work I got a call from a gentleman who needed help resetting his online account so he could access his funds. I noticed his username looked very suspiciously like a username I remember fondly when I used to frequent here often. And I'm not supposed to but I had to ask.

"Excuse me sir, unrelated to all this I used to play a puzzle game that had a forum with a guy whose name was very similar to yours. Were you ever the type of person to play puzzle games?"

"Well the only one I played a lot of was one called Deadly Rooms of Death..."

I'm not going to share their name cause I forgot to ask if they would.be cool with it but he's a fellow smitemaster. What a surreal day.

Only four years later, but I want to note that this was me. It was quite a treat to encounter another Smitemaster in the wild.

06-28-2021 at 05:00 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Anything : Ever run into a fellow player in the wild?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com