Announcement: Remember: you are giving away your fantastic ideas for free, and somebody else might even make money from them (or appear to). That's just how the world works! If you're worried about it, maybe you shouldn't post your ideas here.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : New imperative option: "Stunnable but non-pushable"
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 490
IP: Logged
icon New imperative option: "Stunnable but non-pushable" (0)  
When I was looking at this thread, I could accept that it was intended for a character with "stunnable" and "not pushable" both on to not be stunnable.

However, this prevents potential with regards to designing characters that move. It is possible the architect wanted a moving monster (IE: TSS ROUS or Wonderquest Balls) that you could stop but could not push (which could be explained canonically by the fact that the monster/object is too heavy to push, but will still be dazed upon being hit.)

Therefore, in lieu of a change in the current imperatives that may break existing custom elements, I would like to request an entirely new imperative on the list: "Stunnable but non-pushable."

08-26-2017 at 02:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Someone Else
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2334
icon Re: New imperative option: "Stunnable but non-pushable" (0)  
If you think about it, though, this would just pause it. While characters who are stunned lose the turn on which they are stunned, only pushed characters lose both that turn and the next one. It would kind of feel weird (and almost pointless) to have something that could only receive the one turn stun.
08-26-2017 at 02:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Insoluble
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1639
Someone Else wrote:
If you think about it, though, this would just pause it. While characters who are stunned lose the turn on which they are stunned, only pushed characters lose both that turn and the next one. It would kind of feel weird (and almost pointless) to have something that could only receive the one turn stun.
That's true, but I could still see a lot of interesting use coming out of being able to pause a monster. So many things in DROD are tied to the 30 turn timer that it could easily be part of a puzzle in which you need to sync up a bunch of things. Not sure how easy it would be to code this though.

08-26-2017 at 04:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 490
Yes, even if it is only a one turn stun, it could still have potential that is currently missed by having the monster ignore the staff. Examples include the puzzles where you have to sync everything as Insoluble said, but also puzzles where you have to "delay" a monster that you currently cannot by constantly hitting it with a staff, causing it not to move/spawn/hit an orb/etc.

08-26-2017 at 05:15 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Feature Requests : New imperative option: "Stunnable but non-pushable"
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com