Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Lix (Lemmings-like gameplay with modern puzzle design and multiplayer)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4576
IP: Logged
icon Lix (+3)  
Many of you will know that, thanks to time travel, there was a Lemmings spin-off starring the cute creatures from TSS back in the early 90s. Although it never had an official level editor, over the years there have been several unofficial editors, and there has been a small community of fans building and playing each other's levels for a long time.

Lix, developed by Lemmings Forums member Simon, started life as a recreation of the two-player mode from original Lemmings. (Each player has colour-coded lemmings and a separate exit, and you score points for lemmings of either colour entering your exit.) Lix expands on this with maps for up to eight players, and new skills specially designed for making multiplayer more balanced and more interesting (such as the batter, which knocks nearby lix around with a baseball bat -- perfect for removing enemy blockers).

Naturally, the game comes with a pack of single-player levels as well (in fact three packs -- the main pack by the Lemmings Forums community, one by Rubix and one by Nepster). The main pack contains 240 levels across six difficulty ranks, all the way up to the aptly named "Hopeless". I made about a quarter of the levels, including the third-last level of the pack :) Any time you see "Michael S. Repton" in the level credits, that's me.

Single-player Lix includes the equivalent of UU: you can step or jump backwards or forwards in time as much as you want, so that levels requiring precise placement of skills aren't an issue any more. Accordingly, the levels we've designed concentrate much more strongly on linchpins and the variety of interactions between the skills.

Here's where you can download the game.

08-24-2017 at 12:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Resert On
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
icon Re: Lix (0)  
Where I put my levels?

08-25-2017 at 12:41 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Download everything in the zip into the same folder. It contains a "levels" folder, and the game will look there for levels.

If you're asking about making your own levels, recommended is to create a subfolder within "levels/single", named anything you like. In-game, navigate to this subfolder and click "New Level" to get started.

08-25-2017 at 02:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Resert On
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 37
How I can cancel "run" effect?

08-26-2017 at 05:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
The runner, like the climber and floater, is a permanent skill; it remains on the lix until she dies or exits.

08-26-2017 at 05:45 PM
PuzzleMeThis
Level: Roachling
Rank Points: 11
That looks pretty neat. I like the different tile sets as well.
10-13-2017 at 03:31 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Other Boards : Electronic Games : Lix (Lemmings-like gameplay with modern puzzle design and multiplayer)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com