Announcement: Why not try our official idea generator for inspiration when making puzzles?

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : King Azb's Arena Development Thread (Haven't made a hold in a long time...)
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
azb
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 415
IP: Logged
icon Re: King Azb's Arena Development Thread (0)  
To everyone:

I also completed Round 7.2 and 7.3, since they were basically rehash levels of previous levels and were easy to make, but round 7.4 above I will explicitly save for later, because they will introduce elements that are very foreign/new to the series, like Dart Cannons or Engineers, as highlighted in the plans above.

05-27-2022 at 07:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
azb
Hello everyone,

Does anyone have any comments on the levels I mentioned previously still needed testing? I finished the design for Round 7.4, 7.5 and 8.1 just today, but I will still stick the plan mentioned in the previous post about not posting Round 7.4 and beyond until I have received feedback about the previous levels.

The reason I did them was because besides round 7.4, which introduced Engineers, an entirely new mechanic, the other two levels were basically retellings/revisions of existing levels with more difficulty.

07-31-2022 at 08:10 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
bbb
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 190
I think 2.5 1N1W is broken, since there is no way to destroy the nests. In addition, Killing the eye drops the green door before the nests turn into real monsters, and then leaving the room and coming back puts the room in an unsolved state, but with no nests and with the counter not working.
09-04-2022 at 09:35 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
azb
Okay, I revised the room so that A: You had a way to access the nests after the timer counted down (a bridge on one tile adjacent), and B: So the nests would turn into monsters sooner, so that they would be registered as monsters by the green door.

09-04-2022 at 10:54 PM
Page 3 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Architecture : King Azb's Arena Development Thread (Haven't made a hold in a long time...)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com