Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Open casting call for Beethro impersonator (for a small hold)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1531
IP: Logged

File: BSL Script.txt (10.5 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Open casting call for Beethro impersonator (0)  
I have a mostly-finished hold architecture-wise, called Blockerture Science Laboratories, which can be found here in architecture board for the moment. This hold is moderately-to-small sized, and is to some small extent a reference to the Portal series of games. I want voice acting for it.

The hold includes a bunch of dialogue explaining the custom elements it's built around, and otherwise giving small hints or information for various rooms. I intend to handle the voicing of those lines myself, but Beethro is supposed to respond to some of those lines, and I'd like to have somebody to help me out with that.

Attached to this post is a txt file, a rough script of what's said in each of the rooms of the hold. "C" refers to the voice I'll be handling, a strange disembodied voice that's supposed to sound like a partially-broken AI's computer voice, completely with stutters, sound distortions and occasional bursts of static. "B" is Beethro's lines. I'm looking for someone who can say those lines and sound at least sorta like Beethro, as well as possibly someone familiar enough with his speech pattern to let me know if they think he would word things slightly differently or such.

If you'd like to try out, just record yourself reading a few of Beethro's lines from the txt and upload an audio file to this thread for me, or send me a pm with a link to the file if you like. If I get anyone trying out I'll figure out who I actually want from there. I don't have money to offer and I'm not looking for ultra-professional work anyway, this is just for fun. Let me know if you have questions.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by Xindaris at 01-05-2017 08:31 PM]
01-05-2017 at 08:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
icon Re: Open casting call for Beethro impersonator (0)  
FYI: The original Beethro is voice acted by Sten Ryason. But whenever he's not doing so, it'd be Snacko doing it instead.

[Last edited by uncopy2002 at 01-06-2017 06:53 AM]
01-06-2017 at 03:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2384
icon Re: Open casting call for Beethro impersonator (0)  
Lacking that, try to find someone with a heavy New York/Brooklyn accent. There must be some tri-state-area folks who play DROD.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
01-06-2017 at 04:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : Open casting call for Beethro impersonator (for a small hold)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com