Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : The incredible invisible mirror (make your mirrors hard to see but still there with this one weird trick)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Xindaris
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1527
IP: Logged
icon The incredible invisible mirror (+2)  
If you push a turning-direction button that moves a mirror with Beethro's weapon at about the same time as pushing the undo button, the mirror vanishes from sight. Right-clicking the tile the mirror is on shows that there's still a mirror there, and this has no effect on gameplay whatsoever, but I thought I should report it anyway.

Here are some links to Things!
Click here to view the secret text

01-05-2017 at 01:34 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: The incredible invisible mirror (+2)  
This was brilliant. To reproduce:

1. Set your repeat speed to a low value (I didn't check with the lowest but it should also work)
2. Place a mirror next to beethro
3. Rotate to push the mirror
4. Then undo and push again as quickly as possible - ideally there should be no frames drawn in between the two keypresses.

It was caused by the first draw after the undo and move to fall squarely on the tile from which the mirror was pushed, causing its destination tile to not be marked as dirty, causing it to no longer be animated on the next frame.

PR

[Last edited by mrimer at 10-14-2020 01:24 AM]
10-12-2020 at 10:59 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: The incredible invisible mirror (+1)  
Can confirm I could not see the bug in 5.1.1.alpha.2020-10-16. I tried to replicate it in the latest stable version, and it looked like the mirror was disappearing for a single frame there, but in the latest alpha there do not appear to be any frames of vanishing mirror.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 10-18-2020 01:25 PM]
10-18-2020 at 01:25 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : The incredible invisible mirror (make your mirrors hard to see but still there with this one weird trick)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com