Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : In-game scorepoint list (So you can be sure when you've done it all)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2430
IP: Logged
icon In-game scorepoint list (+2)  
Currently, RPG scorepoints don't even show up on the scoreboards until someone earns them. This means, if a hold has an obscure scorepoint (like Growing's "Under 50 Time", which was unlisted until I got it last night), you either have to stumble on it while you play, notice it in the editor, or hope somebody mentions it on the forum.

Challenge tracking in regular DROD currently works similarly to scorepoints; it's not listed on the challenge page at all until someone gets it. However, there's a button you can click in the Restore screen that lists all the challenges. Maybe something similar could be done with scorepoints?

There is the issue that, since scorepoints are usually used for hold progression, their names might be spoilers. This could be handled by hiding the scorepoint names until you earn them. What's important for completion purposes is knowing that there's one you don't have.

Or maybe there could just be a "Scorepoints earned" counter that unlocks after beating a hold, like the secrets counter is. I'm not sure what would work best, I just want a way to know I'm not missing anything.
11-07-2016 at 06:16 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2430
icon Re: In-game scorepoint list (+1)  
Just curious - are there any plans to do something in this direction in either of the coming updates?
01-08-2021 at 06:32 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: In-game scorepoint list (+2)  
Dragon Fogel wrote:
Just curious - are there any plans to do something in this direction in either of the coming updates?
I appreciate the question! Not yet, afaik, but that could change.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-08-2021 at 06:42 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
hyperme
Rank Points: 1055

File: scorepoint list.png (933.9 KB)
Downloaded 193 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: In-game scorepoint list (+8)  
I'm working on bringing this feature into reality for 1.3. Here's the current progress:

Click here to view the secret text

Look at those scorepoints, all nicely listed. There's still work to be done for making them greyed out when not done, and possibly hiding the names. Also all the wording and positioning of dialogs and buttons could change. But progress is happening!

01-13-2021 at 10:03 PM
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: In-game scorepoint list (0)  
So cool! Thank you. I like how you implemented this.

PR

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
01-15-2021 at 12:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: In-game scorepoint list (+3)  
Great feature.

I'm not sure how it currently decides on whether a scorepoint should have its name shown in bold, shown in light grey, and shown as ???. I assume this only works going forward, as I loaded a number of holds I'd played before and all scorepoints were listed as ???, however my hold RPG Mini had all scorepoint names listed but only two of them shown in bold. It looks like holds where I am the author have all scorepoints already listed?

If it is only expected to work properly going forward, then that's fine.
08-06-2021 at 10:18 PM
hyperme
Rank Points: 1055
icon Re: In-game scorepoint list (+1)  
Scorepoints that have been achieved should be bold, while unachieved ones are grey. Additionally, only the hold author can see unachieved scorepoints. Everyone else sees them as ???.

Not sure why you wouldn't see previously achieved scores. I'm not certain on how the behind-the-scenes stuff works, but if you imported a player profile then imported the holds, it might be the case that the demos didn't get imported for the holds that weren't present.

[Last edited by hyperme at 08-07-2021 02:41 PM]
08-07-2021 at 02:41 PM
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2668
icon Re: In-game scorepoint list (0)  
Something isn't quite right here in 1.3.0.499

I loaded Break out of Jail! and loaded some old autosaves that the game makes at score checkpoints. However triggering the scorepoints again still results in all the scorepoints listed as ???

I think it might be an issue with holds I already had imported since this feature was implemented maybe? I have imported Stew's Hold from architecture since this was implemented and triggered its scorepoint and it shows up in the in-game menu fine.
06-06-2023 at 09:56 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : In-game scorepoint list (So you can be sure when you've done it all)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com