Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : GatEB 5.0 release, and speedrun
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Nuntar
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 4592
IP: Logged

File: GatEB.jpg (51.2 KB)
Downloaded 366 times.
License: Public Domain
icon GatEB 5.0 release, and speedrun (+7)  
Schik announced this in chat a few days ago, but for some reason it hasn't been announced on the forum yet, so here goes.

Gunthro and the Epic Blunder has been updated to a 5.0 version, in the same manner as the other official holds. The main difference is the addition of 40 challenges, mostly taken from the Challenges board but including a couple of my own invention.

Because GatEB is specifically aimed at newer players, we have provided a number of in-game hints, accessed by pressing the Special Command key (default: numpad decimal point). These include reminders on where to go next at certain progression points in the hold.

If you already have GatEB installed, to get the updated version you need to delete your hold and re-install. To avoid losing progress, export your player, install the hold, and then re-import your player.

Jacob is the mastermind behind the GatEB 5.0 release, and I took over towards the end. Thanks also to RabidChild for making sprites for a number of the storyline characters.

And finally... I've just finished playing through the hold to get all the challenges, solving all secret rooms as I went along so as to have everything on one save. So if anyone wants to do a speedrun of the hold, this is the time you have to beat:

[Last edited by Nuntar at 11-04-2016 05:58 PM]
11-04-2016 at 05:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
robin
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 842
icon Re: GatEB 5.0 release, and speedrun (+3)  
Exporting my player file still crashes DROD 5.
But I found a second way to update the hold and don't lose progress:

1) restore to any room in the hold (in this case:GetEB)
2) press F6 and then "export all" (you're now exporting every demo of the entire hold into a single file)
3) go to the main menu and click on "change player"
4) click on "export saves only" (do this for every player file you want to keep progress of the hold)
5) go to "change location" and delete the hold and redownload it
6) import your player file again to get your progress back
7) import the demo file to get your demo's back (some of them will be broken due to changes in the hold)
8) voila! ;)

I even think this is faster because importing a full player file will check all demo's of every hold,
and with this method I think it doesn't.

11-05-2016 at 06:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5058
icon Re: GatEB 5.0 release, and speedrun (0)  
Thank you, Jacob, Nuntar, RabidChild and everyone else who helped to produce and release GatEB 5.0! This is the new definitive version that GatEB should have been right out of the gate. :thumbsup

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
11-05-2016 at 04:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : GatEB 5.0 release, and speedrun
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com