Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Briar can be built under Players/Monsters
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1067
IP: Logged
icon Briar can be built under Players/Monsters (0)  
If you create a Briar Root or Briar Growth build marker, the root can be built even if the space is occupied by a player or monster. The root will also grow once built, leaving them trapped.

Presumably, Briar, like walls or mirrors, shouldn't be built under players or monsters.

Edit: It appears that is can also be built on all types walls as well. Presumably there isn't any restriction on where briar can be built.

[Last edited by hyperme at 07-30-2016 02:39 PM]
07-30-2016 at 02:36 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
superluminal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
icon Re: Briar can be built under Players/Monsters (0)  
Here's a list of all the elements that the engine won't let be built under the player:
Click here to view the secret text

As you can see, the list is a little... thin. Every other element can be build beneath the player and monsters without any problems (no beeping or crashing).

If we use the "Build" command instead of "Build marker", the list of elements includes Pit, Image pit, and Water. Again, there doesn't seem anything buggy with this behavior, it just looks weird.

07-30-2016 at 08:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4592
superluminal wrote: If we use the "Build" command instead of "Build marker", the list of elements includes Pit, Image pit, and Water. Again, there doesn't seem anything buggy with this behavior, it just looks weird.
What looks weird, exactly? I've tested every combination of (build, build marker) (pit, water) under (player, roach) and in every case, it immediately falls and dies as you'd expect. Is there some combination that doesn't do this?

07-30-2016 at 09:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
superluminal
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 75
Nuntar wrote:
What looks weird, exactly? I've tested every combination of (build, build marker) (pit, water) under (player, roach) and in every case, it immediately falls and dies as you'd expect. Is there some combination that doesn't do this?
The player (and monsters) won't drop and die if the pit is built on the zeroth turn. This is in version 6505. But other elements can be built on the player on any turn.

07-30-2016 at 09:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4592
Yeah. The zeroth turn has to be an exception, so that you don't get trapped in an endless cycle of dying, restarting and immediately dying again.

07-30-2016 at 10:05 PM
NiroZ
Rank Points: 1302
icon Re: Briar can be built under Players/Monsters (+1)  
I've checked and this seems to be fixed in 5.1.1.alpha.2020-09-24 on windows 10. The briar will not appear if it's going to be placed under the player.
09-25-2020 at 03:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Briar can be built under Players/Monsters
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com