Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Rearming clones get weapon late
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
blorx1
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 920
IP: Logged

File: Rearming clones.hold (833 bytes)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Rearming clones get weapon late (+2)  
In the attached hold, if the mimic steps on the disarm token the inactive clone gets his weapon back a turn late. I'm guessing this is a bug.

It only seems to happen when the clone moves before the mimic, as evidenced by the fact that the south clone gets his weapon back. This behavior also does not hold for mimics. Do not know why this happens.

Related?
http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=18205&page=0#211320

[Last edited by blorx1 at 06-08-2016 05:48 AM]
06-08-2016 at 05:22 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
bomber50
Rank Points: 872
icon Re: Rearming clones get weapon late (0)  
This problem also happens with time clones.

It definitely seems to be a bug. Temporal clones disarm immediately, but do not arm immediately. Extremely unintuitive.

If it's too late to fix this problem for regular clones, we should at least fix it for temporal clones.
08-29-2016 at 03:33 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 431
I think it just has to do with movement order. A citizen that builds an oremite on a Soldier will cause the soldier to disarm one turn later, instead of immediately.
08-30-2016 at 02:17 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Nuntar
Rank Points: 4590
That also sounds like an oversight that should be fixed. Oremites are meant to work immediately: anything pushed onto oremites loses its weapon and doesn't, for example, break a mirror on a tile beyond.

08-31-2016 at 12:36 AM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Rearming clones get weapon late (+1)  
The part mentioned by blorx1 was fixed here but I'd also like to fix building/removing oremites not triggering weapon (un)sheathing. Is there a risk of breaking any demos? The rules would be the same, in that the weapon would toggle state immediately, block monsters/aumtlich beams immediately, but still only stab on the turn the monster moves.

10-16-2020 at 07:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Rearming clones get weapon late (+2)  
Guard Level 1N1E in Finding the First Truth involves removing oremites under a guard. The guard is disarmed for one turn after the oremites are removed and then gets re-armed on the next turn, which results in him destroying a bomb.

Changing this would not impact the solution, but would likely break demos because the bomb would be destroyed one turn earlier. The bomb lights a fuse, though, so it would probably be possible to make the fuse one tile longer to make sure existing demos are preserved without having other effects.

Quick edit: Actually, now that I think about it, it might not even cause a delay. There is one turn where you can see the guard is no longer on oremites, but he has no sword. Since he only strikes on his own turn, what you would instead see is the guard with his sword over the bomb. Should be easy enough to confirm that it works that way with the test build.

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 10-16-2020 07:26 PM]
10-16-2020 at 07:24 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734

File: BUG REPORT Build weapon sheathing.hold (1.1 KB)
Downloaded 40 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Rearming clones get weapon late (+2)  
PR

And modified. Building or removing Oremites or Shallow water will cause an immediate resheathing of the weapon of the monster on that tile. No weapon strike by default though, normal striking rules apply (during movement's turn).

Attached example hold.

[Last edited by skell at 10-19-2020 11:01 AM]
10-19-2020 at 11:01 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Rearming clones get weapon late (+1)  
Behaviour demonstrated in the example hold is working correctly in 5.1.1.alpha.2020-10-29.
10-31-2020 at 07:18 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Rearming clones get weapon late
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com