Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Dis-Shield and Dis-Accessory tokens (These are terrible names)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
hyperme
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1060
IP: Logged
icon Dis-Shield and Dis-Accessory tokens (0)  
To go along with Disarm Tokens, it would be nice to have tokens that disable Shields and Accessories.

04-04-2016 at 06:02 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 2670
icon Re: Dis-Shield and Dis-Accessory tokens (+5)  
Perfectly scriptable using the Equipment Disable and Equipment Enable commands
04-04-2016 at 06:07 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kieranmillar

File: Custom Disarm Tokens.drh (6.7 KB)
Downloaded 41 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Dis-Shield and Dis-Accessory tokens (+6)  
hyperme should know better than to talk smack about DRODscript in chat :p

Here's a hold with fully working accessory and armour disarm tokens.

Usage:

In the first room of the hold, have a character generate the Disarm Handler entity.

When placing the two types of disarm token, make sure you place them FACING NORTH and with the Visible checkmark box ticked (this latter one is not important to be functional, but ensures they will show up if you look ahead at the room before entering it for the first time). The facing North part is extremely important or else they won't work properly.

[Last edited by kieranmillar at 04-04-2016 08:49 PM]
04-04-2016 at 08:40 PM
kieranmillar

File: Custom Disarm Tokens - Synchronous.drh (6.8 KB)
Downloaded 44 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Re: Dis-Shield and Dis-Accessory tokens (+5)  
hyperme brought up a good point, I got the behaviour of the tokens wrong. When one is toggled in a room, all other tokens of that type should also be toggled. As such, I provide a version of the tokens with this behaviour instead.

Note that there is one minor issue that I believe is unsolvable, because you cannot pause execution of a script until the end of the turn, once a token has checked to see if it has been toggled, it cannot wait for the rest of the tokens to finish their check before realising that some other token has been toggled in the room, and therefore if you toggle a token that is later in the movement order, then the ones that move before it will not toggle until the next turn. This will make more sense when you see what happens for yourself.
04-06-2016 at 09:30 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD RPG Boards : RPG Feature Requests : Dis-Shield and Dis-Accessory tokens (These are terrible names)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com