Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : The Second Sky: Experiment of Ages: Twice South, Once East teleports player into wall
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Keiya
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 73
IP: Logged

File: TSS Experiment of Ages 2S1E Teleport into wall.demo (6.2 KB)
Downloaded 45 times.
License: Public Domain
icon The Second Sky: Experiment of Ages: Twice South, Once East teleports player into wall (0)  
Right when I finished the rest of EoA too... :~(

5.1.0.6501 on Windows.

Official Hold Progress:
Click here to view the secret text

03-14-2016 at 08:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: The Second Sky: Experiment of Ages: Twice South, Once East teleports player into wall (+5)  
Mike, the bug is that the cutscene script changes the player position to the position of a character before the character disappears - this was a buggy behavior which no longer works in 5.1.

You basically need to find this:
  Wait 2
  Display Filter Normal
  Set var "_X" = _MyX
  Set var "_Y" = _MyY
  Set var "_O" = _MyO
  Wait 0
  Disappear 
  Cut scene 0

and move the Disappear before Set var's, like that:

Wait 2
  Display Filter Normal
  Disappear 
  Set var "_X" = _MyX
  Set var "_Y" = _MyY
  Set var "_O" = _MyO
  Wait 0
  Cut scene 0

And then it works fine again.

03-14-2016 at 08:34 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
icon Re: The Second Sky: Experiment of Ages: Twice South, Once East teleports player into wall (+1)  
Just wanted to bump this, as TSS is currently unplayable, this seems pretty important to fix ASAP.

03-29-2016 at 02:56 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: The Second Sky: Experiment of Ages: Twice South, Once East teleports player into wall (0)  
I am downloading the new version and I'll check in a minute

03-30-2016 at 02:57 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
icon Re: The Second Sky: Experiment of Ages: Twice South, Once East teleports player into wall (+1)  
I have downloaded and installed 5.1.0.6512 and can confirm that this room now works as intended.

03-30-2016 at 03:15 PM
Schik
icon Re: The Second Sky: Experiment of Ages: Twice South, Once East teleports player into wall (0)  
Mike, if you upload the new hold over on the TSS board I'll update it so the spider verifies the right version.

03-30-2016 at 04:03 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kikuchiyo
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 107
Any chance of a Linux build? The game just told me to stop playing for today by the way of this bug.
03-30-2016 at 10:31 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kikuchiyo
Bump?
04-03-2016 at 07:30 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2384
Hopefully we can have Mac and Linux builds with the same "bug fixes" as the Win version soon! :-)

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
04-05-2016 at 05:29 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
kikuchiyo
If you only want to play the TSS hold and don't care (much) about the bugfixes in the engine, as a dirty hack you can download the windows installer, install it with wine, then copy the drod5_0.dat file from wine's directory to the linux installation.
04-05-2016 at 07:18 PM
GerAvos
Rank Points: 51
So, in my version of TSS this bug prevents me from continuing, as I have already upgraded to 5.1.0.6505 here: http://forum.caravelgames.com/downloads.php

I guess I have to redownload the game, but I can't do that. Honestly, a friend of mine got this game when it came out and copied it for me.

What can I do?
06-26-2016 at 07:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
icon Re: The Second Sky: Experiment of Ages: Twice South, Once East teleports player into wall (+3)  
I mean, you could... buy the game?

06-26-2016 at 07:16 PM
GerAvos
I should do that xD I feel bad now.
06-26-2016 at 07:23 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Banjooie
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1645
... I'm glad you're going to buy the game, but what answer did you think you were going to get?
06-29-2016 at 10:45 AM
GerAvos
I were thinking I would get some kind of alternate solution. Thinking about it though, it would be a waste of time to make a fix just for my sake.
07-07-2016 at 04:29 PM
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : The Second Sky: Experiment of Ages: Twice South, Once East teleports player into wall
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com