Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Issues with orbs and build markers
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Dragon Fogel
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2434
IP: Logged
icon Issues with orbs and build markers (+1)  
I posted about these in some other threads, but maybe it makes the most sense to put it all in one place. So here's the place.

-You can now Build or set Build Markers for Orb (any), Orb (broken), Orb (cracked), or Orb (normal).
-Orb (any) produces an uncracked orb. The build marker says "Build Marker: Orb" when right-clicked. Otherwise, it functions just fine, but is redundant in the build lists.
-Orb (normal) can be used with Build just fine. However, if you make a build marker, its graphics are glitched and the game beeps a lot. drod.err has a large number of instances of this: Assertion error in line 2254 of .\TileImageCalcs.cpp: "IsValidTileNo(wTileNo)"
-Orb (broken) functions fine, but the build marker is labeled as "Build Marker: &Return".
-Orb (cracked) also functions fine, but the build marker's label is just "Build Marker:"

02-17-2016 at 11:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
icon Re: Issues with orbs and build markers (+2)  
Things fixed for the release candidate after 5.1.0.6462:
- Orb (Any) is no longer available in the Build and Build marker lists
- Build marker with Orb (normal) displays correctly and no longer throws errors
- Build markers for the following items now have correct labels: Orb (normal), Orb (cracked), Orb (broken), Remove floor layer item
- Build marker for Remove floor layer item no longer appears on tiles which do not have any floor layer item.

02-18-2016 at 04:21 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
icon Re: Issues with orbs and build markers (+1)  
All of the above changes to orb markers work in 5.1.0.6478.

However, while I could confirm that Remove Item At is not appearing on tiles with no floor layer item, I couldn't get it to appear anywhere. Maybe I'm just not clear on what it's allowed to remove.

I tried keg, tar, firetrap, fluff, broken orb, and force arrow and no marker appeared for any of them.
02-26-2016 at 06:18 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
Dragon Fogel
Okay, tested Remove Item with an invisibility potion.

The tile glows and an engineer will remove it. However, the build marker is not mentioned when right-clicking.

In addition, if I take the potion, the marker still exists and the engineer will still go to it. Making another thread for this.

[Last edited by Dragon Fogel at 02-26-2016 06:23 PM]
02-26-2016 at 06:22 PM
Dragon Fogel
One minor point is that the build marker for Orb (normal) says Orb (normal) rather than just "Orb" like the actual object. This isn't a big deal either way, it's just a minor labelling inconsistency.
02-26-2016 at 06:50 PM
skell
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 3734
Dragon Fogel wrote:
One minor point is that the build marker for Orb (normal) says Orb (normal) rather than just "Orb" like the actual object. This isn't a big deal either way, it's just a minor labelling inconsistency.

Eh, I think it's fine. I'll look into it to see if it can be easily fixed but I am not promising anything.

As for the rest I've replied in a separate thread.

02-27-2016 at 09:27 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Issues with orbs and build markers (0)  
Bumping this due to some behaviors I encountered while fiddling in the editor:
- If a new orb is built where a broken one used to be, the new one gets the associations of the broken one.
- If the marker for said new orb is for a normal one, a broken one gets built.

It's the same when the Build command is used instead of a build marker.

I'm running 5.1.0.6512 on macOS 10.15.7.

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

[Last edited by NoahT at 03-03-2023 08:00 AM]
03-02-2023 at 11:04 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Issues with orbs and build markers
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com