Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Selecting a hold in the Change Location screen crashes DROD (TSS 5.0.1.6060)
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
disoriented
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 2383
IP: Logged

File: crashlog.txt (53.2 KB)
Downloaded 49 times.
License: Public Domain
icon Selecting a hold in the Change Location screen crashes DROD (+1)  
When selecting “Krighton’s Castle" in the list of holds on the Change Location Screen, DROD instantly crashes. The crash is repeatable every time.

TSS version 5.0.1.6060.

Suspicion: It may be trying to play back a demo in the preview window which causes the crash.

Changing the player to a different Player and selecting "Krighton's Castle" doesn't cause a crash.

Is there a way to recover from this?

Crash log attached.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.

[Last edited by disoriented at 10-30-2015 02:04 AM]
10-30-2015 at 02:03 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
mrimer
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5056
icon Re: Selecting a hold in the Change Location screen crashes DROD (0)  
Thanks for the crash report. Sorry for the delay in replying. If you can still reproduce this issue with some .dat files, would you please upload them somewhere and PM a link to me? I'll see if I can reproduce it on my end.

And I come back to you now at the turn of the tide.
12-10-2015 at 12:59 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
disoriented
Rank Points: 2383
icon Re: Selecting a hold in the Change Location screen crashes DROD (+2)  
Just to follow up, I logged in as another Player profile and deleted the hold (including all demos and progress). Then changed back to the original player, redownloaded the hold, and all worked as expected.

The crash was most likely caused by a bad demo being replayed on the Change Location screen, and the issue was fixed by removing that demo via the above steps.

I'll report it again if I see the issue in 5.1.

Best to PM me, since I might miss your message on CaravelNet chat.
02-09-2016 at 04:06 AM
Dragon Fogel
Rank Points: 2434
icon Re: Selecting a hold in the Change Location screen crashes DROD (+1)  
Okay, I think this is what I was thinking of when I posted that feature request to be able to not play demos automatically.

It seems that the issue here is that there was some kind of problem with a specific demo and it resulted in DROD crashing on the Change Location screen.

Unfortunately at this point it's not clear how to test for whatever underlying issue caused this - the specific demo having the problem is long gone.

If it's desired to solve this more broadly by introducing some sort of failsafe system, there's a crashing bug with demos in 5.1 that might be usable for testing: http://forum.caravelgames.com/viewtopic.php?TopicID=44162&page=0#430337

10-19-2021 at 06:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : DROD Boards : Bugs : Selecting a hold in the Change Location screen crashes DROD (TSS 5.0.1.6060)
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com