Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Who zeroed Erik's rank points?
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Schik
Level: Legendary Smitemaster
Rank Points: 5381
IP: Logged
icon Re: Who zeroed Erik's rank points? (+10)  
Okay, this is getting out of hand - it's time to fess up.

I was working on the 8088 Erik lets me use in his basement when I heard a quiet whimper from the next room. I peeked out, only to see Erik clutching DROD.net under his arm, a strange sneer on his face. Erik often does odd things like that without any explanation, but my curiosity was piqued, so I followed him.

He hopped on his bike, so I grabbed my Segway and tailed him. Crazy fool starting riding down the middle of the highway! I swerved out into the road behind him, trying to steer traffic away from my precious DROD.net - oh yeah, and Erik. Worried, I pulled out my cell phone and warned the police that there was a madman riding a bike on the highway. They promptly showed up and pulled him over. "Whew", I thought, "that's over. He'll take my baby home now and plug her back in."

But noooooo. I stood there, mouth open in disbelief, as he dragged his bike over to the train tracks. Then it hit me! Erik has seen my rank points closing in on his, and he was going to take DROD.net out to a secluded area and "accidentally" lose some of my rank points!

Erik and DROD.net rode along the tracks for a while, and then I saw a train approaching them from behind. It was getting dangerously close, and Erik hadn't seemed to have noticed. I yelled out "Woooooo wooooooo!", and Erik finally turned around and saw the train. He seemed to slightly speed up, as if he actually believed he could outrun a train on a bike. Ha! It didn't take too long for him to give up and hop off the tracks.

As the train passed Erik, the weirdest thing happened: I could swear I heard him humming.... the theme to... Gunsmoke? Erik seemed entranced by the big shiny objects passing by him so quickly, and he started drifting closer and closer to the train.

I really didn't want to see a bloody end to this adventure, so I yelled "ERIK!!!" He swerved when he heard his name, and somehow got his bicycle entangled in the railing of the last car in the train. His bike bounced around for a while, all the while with Erik yelling "Wheeeeee!". How he held on, I'll never know. With one last big bump, the bike flew up in the air, and miraculously landed on the right rail. Erik grabbed the back of the train and was crusing along, hitching a free ride.

In all the excitement, I forgot the most important thing: Erik was out to sabotage my rank points. I started devising a plan on my PDA. After a minute I looked up, and I was suddenly seeing double - there were two bikes on the tracks now. I rubbed my eyes and looked again, but there will still two of them. They started doing some pretty nifty tricks, and I was again distracted from the real purpose of this trip. Then the train started speeding up. I had to stop Erik before he could carry out his evil plan - good thing I had disabled the speed limiter on my Segway!

The second bike rode up on top of Erik, spun for a while, then came back down. I had to act quickly. My PDA didn't have enough processing power to perform the calculations I needed, but luckily it had wireless networking built in! I entered a simulation of the train, the two bikes, and DROD.net itself into the PDA, transferred it to DROD.net wirelessly, and ran some different scenarios. DROD.net quickly came up with an optimal solution to my little problem. As the second bike rider started riding up on top of Erik, I leaned down and scooped up a rock. I double checked the location the PDA was giving me, and threw the rock with incredible precision. Bang! The second rider came crashing down on Erik, who dropped DROD.net. Thanks to DROD.net's speedy calculations, not only did Erik's plan not work, it backfired! He lost his own points instead of mine!

Take that, Erik. Take THAT.

10-28-2004 at 05:50 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
NoahT
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1133
icon Re: Who zeroed Erik's rank points? (0)  
Sorry, but since that is Erik's story from a different point of view, I still highly doubt it's true. Besides, I wouldn't see why you'd go to so much trouble just to lower Erik's rank points when they aren't that significant, anyway.

-Noah

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

10-28-2004 at 07:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
icon Re: Who zeroed Erik's rank points? (+8)  
Erik,

If you want to see your rank points again, please follow the instructions I private messaged to you.

One mix-up and the points are fish food.

(And remember, come alone!)

++Adam H. Peterson
10-28-2004 at 07:29 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
Rank Points: 1838
icon Re: Who zeroed Erik's rank points? (+1)  
NoahT wrote:
Sorry, but since that is Erik's story from a different point of view, I still highly doubt it's true. Besides, I wouldn't see why you'd go to so much trouble just to lower Erik's rank points when they aren't that significant, anyway.

-Noah

Well, if you don't believe the story, (I don't either, but... ;)), look at it from a serious point of view. Erik's a mod, so he can do anything he likes to his rank points, meaning that even if his reset to 0, he can just change it back to whatever the value was previously. Obviously since the value is so low, Erik's changed it on purpose. Like in a previous post, it's probably because he wants to show people that rank points are not as important as people think, and he wants to set an example himself.

However, I think I noticed a little blue pellet bouncing along the pavement near my house yesterday, but I wasn't sure what it was, since it was so small, and it was bouncing quickly. Are your escaped Rank points emigrating to England, Erik, or did this one just get lost?

10-28-2004 at 10:13 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Mattcrampy
Rank Points: 2388
icon Re: Who zeroed Erik's rank points? (+2)  
Tim wrote:

1) if you are Erik, you will get your points and rank back in no time. if you are someone else, it will take a lot more time.

Remember, friends, Erik doesn't actually have a rank like the rest of you. Legendary Smitemasters lead a lonely life, with no ranks to achieve. It's cold up at the top.

Or maybe it's because I've got straw for a bed and this shirt's got holes in it. And I live in a basement. That could be it.

Matt

10-28-2004 at 10:16 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
leroy00
Level: Master Delver
Rank Points: 155
icon Re: Who zeroed Erik's rank points? (+3)  
Noah,

these guys are obviously pulling our collectively figurative legs. Can't you see that? Obviously, drod.net cannot play Final Countdown while simultaneously carrying out Schik's simulations. Drod.net uses WinAmp, which, as remarked elsewhere on this board, is a real CPU-time eater.

You may, however, be interested in this bit of information which I personally received from a good friend, who has a close friend who has Close and Personal Friends With Contact to Very Important People in High Places (known in conspiracist circles as CPFWCVIPHPs). It seems one of the Illuminati has recently died (apparently they have the same sort of election politics as the Soviets did in the 80s), and at the Top Secret Annual Autumnal Meeting in Paris, they decided it was time to bring some younger blood into the High and Elitary Circle. One of the members has contact to a nuclear physicist in the Secret Underground Complex in Baghdad (where, incidentally, all the WMDs had been hiding out for the last two years). He has come across information that the BlueStuff [tm] of which drod.net rank points are made is, in fact, a meta-stable combination of matter and anti-matter known as Super Matter. It seems that the super matter "cramps" matter and anti-matter together in such a way as to make it safe for transport, which explains its other name, MatterCrampy. With the correct form of ignition, this meta-stable Super Matter explodes with horrendous effects, sending out super fast neutrons and positrons, killing all people within hundreds of miles while sparing all infrastructure.

The old guys at Illuminati Ltd. decided that they had to have some of the BlueStuff [tm] to further their pursuit of world domination and unified it with their mission to bring fresh blood into their midst by allowing Erik to join in exchange for his rank points and free access to a lead shielded laboratory in his basement. It was obviously a good deal for both sides.

Just don't tell anyone where you heard this. Better yet, erase all traces of this post from your memory. It's for your own good.

--leroy00

10-28-2004 at 03:13 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
agaricus5
leroy00 wrote:
You may, however, be interested in this bit of information which I personally received from a good friend, who has a close friend who has Close and Personal Friends With Contact to Very Important People in High Places (known in conspiracist circles as CPFWCVIPHPs). It seems one of the Illuminati has recently died (apparently they have the same sort of election politics as the Soviets did in the 80s), and at the Top Secret Annual Autumnal Meeting in Paris, they decided it was time to bring some younger blood into the High and Elitary Circle. One of the members has contact to a nuclear physicist in the Secret Underground Complex in Baghdad (where, incidentally, all the WMDs had been hiding out for the last two years). He has come across information that the BlueStuff [tm] of which drod.net rank points are made is, in fact, a meta-stable combination of matter and anti-matter known as Super Matter. It seems that the super matter "cramps" matter and anti-matter together in such a way as to make it safe for transport, which explains its other name, MatterCrampy. With the correct form of ignition, this meta-stable Super Matter explodes with horrendous effects, sending out super fast neutrons and positrons, killing all people within hundreds of miles while sparing all infrastructure.

Oh my goodness!

Does this mean that the one I saw bouncing around but didn't catch could be a bouncing time bomb that has the potential to wipe out the entire population of London?

10-28-2004 at 03:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
HSE
Rank Points: 162
icon Re: Who zeroed Erik's rank points? (+4)  
Oh my god! I found a solitary rank point bouncing around Morden! I took it home and isolated it while performing experiments. I managed to get a few pictures of it:

This is the top half of the rank point. I dissected it to take a look inside it. My pet T630 also took a look at it. There is blue outside, and a white powder inside. The substance is rather strange.

This is a shot of my pet T630 playing with the half-rank point. Although sliced in half, the rank point was still usable and is why some people have x1/2 rank points. inside is a white substance that seems remarkably like ice.
10-28-2004 at 03:59 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Oneiromancer
Rank Points: 2936
icon Re: Who zeroed Erik's rank points? (+2)  
NoahT wrote:

I'm going to give that an OMG, a WTF, and a BBQ for good measure.

Seriously.

Game on,

"He who is certain he knows the ending of things when he is only beginning them is either extremely wise or extremely foolish; no matter which is true, he is certainly an unhappy man, for he has put a knife in the heart of wonder." -- Tad Williams
10-28-2004 at 04:38 PM
NoahT
Rank Points: 1133
Oh my! I think I saw a rank point in my cat's food bowl! And I think I saw him eat it!

I think I also saw a rank point at school inside a beaker in the room where I have physical science! Those stories must be true! I have been proven wrong! They weren't pulling our legs after all!

-Noah

[Edited by NoahT at Local Time:10-29-2004 at 01:18 AM]

My stuff:
Click here to view the secret text

10-29-2004 at 01:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
joker5
Rank Points: 607
Now we're getting into Kantian metaphysics. Is the good post good because of its contents or because of its context? Is there any difference?

Wait... does this mean that if we ignite Matt he'll take out most of the basement?

~joker5

[Edited by joker5 at Local Time:11-01-2004 at 03:31 PM]

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
11-01-2004 at 03:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
AlefBet
Rank Points: 979
gamer_extreme_101 wrote:
Erik's basement spans a good part of half of the world. If he moves out, I will SO buy that house. :)
When Erik moves out, I bet he takes the basement with him.

++Adam H. Peterson
11-01-2004 at 05:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 352
Or just seal up the entrance so that no-one can get in, and dig back into it from his new house...then he won't even have to let Matt out while he moves!
11-02-2004 at 02:55 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
HSE
Rank Points: 162
But what if Matt needs a walk? Or does the super-amazing-4d-DROD-Universe make up for that?
11-02-2004 at 06:12 PM
View Profile Show all user's posts Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Does Matt go in the woods?
11-02-2004 at 08:46 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Schik
Rank Points: 5381
wackhead_uk wrote:
Is the Pope Catholic?

11-02-2004 at 08:49 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
wackhead_uk
Schik wrote:
wackhead_uk wrote:
Is the Pope Catholic?

Okay - Is Erik evil? I wonder who will answer this first, more to the point.
11-02-2004 at 08:56 PM
gamer_extreme_101
Rank Points: 1939
Yes, Yes, Yes, and No. :D

11-03-2004 at 02:10 AM
Mattcrampy
Wait... does this mean that if we ignite Matt he'll take out most of the basement?

Better not risk it.

Matt

11-03-2004 at 08:05 AM
trick
Rank Points: 2580
Mattcrampy wrote:
Better not risk it.
Great. Now you tell me.

- Gerry
11-06-2004 at 01:02 AM
BenStandeven
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 34
wackhead_uk wrote:
Or just seal up the entrance so that no-one can get in, and dig back into it from his new house...then he won't even have to let Matt out while he moves!

Not such a good idea; what if the room he digs into is full of roaches and spiders?
11-28-2004 at 08:01 AM
Mattcrampy
What do you mean by 'what if'?

Matt, really really needs a bed raised off the floor

11-28-2004 at 01:55 PM
wackhead_uk
Whatever happened the collection to buy Matt a proper bed?
11-28-2004 at 10:23 PM
DiMono
Rank Points: 1181
He blew it on poprocks and soda to test some urban legend. I tell you, the man has no discipline

11-29-2004 at 04:51 AM
Mattcrampy
Actually, I was going to, but then Brittany's birthday came up and so I stole some of the cola and beer at the party, and traded some kid a beer for his poprocks.

And that's because you guys didn't actually put any money together. I think you forgot, but that's okay. Christmas is coming up, and I'm trading Santa a beer for a bed raised off the floor.

Matt

11-30-2004 at 01:30 AM
agaricus5
Just a thought - If your basement is a vast delving of the Earth, where did all the diggings go?

If you still have them somewhere, you might want to sift through them when you have some free time - if your diggings come from deep enough, you might inadvertently have precious metals, ores, gems or minerals mixed in there with all the rock. The chance of you finding anything is small, admittedly, but you never know; you might be lucky. Then you can go buy your bed, and the spiders and roaches shouldn't trouble you any more. Plus, it will give you something else to do instead of being glued to your monitor, watching DROD.net all the time.

[Edited by agaricus5 at Local Time:11-30-2004 at 01:38 AM]

11-30-2004 at 01:38 AM
joker5
Rank Points: 607
He already did that - what do you think the DROD.net server is made of, rank points and the souls of small children?

~joker5

www.badgerbadgerbadger.com

"Two words: Beam Waffle!" -me
11-30-2004 at 03:28 PM
Mattcrampy
Wesley:

You are a genius. I ran right out and started digging around in the dirt, and what do you know? I found this neat bit of white opal in a couple of minutes! The dirt must be from further inland.

So now I've bought myself a copy of Metroid Prime 2 and Paper Mario, so I may be a little inattentive to the website over the next week or so.

Thanks, dude!

Matt

11-30-2004 at 04:43 PM
wackhead_uk
Paper...mario?
12-02-2004 at 09:56 PM
Tim
Rank Points: 1979
wackhead_uk wrote:
Paper...mario?
Never heard of it? It's a kind of RPG, very boring, slow, and primive in the current standard.

For the N64 ;) (And I've finished it... :D)

But I do hope it's the Papaer Mario sequel: The 1000 years door. (Which I'm not going to touch before finishing Wind Waker, Metroid Prime 1, Pikmin 1, F-Zero GX though.)

How you people have so many free time I will never know...

-- Tim

12-02-2004 at 10:11 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Page 2 of 3
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : The Site : Who zeroed Erik's rank points?
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No

Contact Us | CaravelGames.com