Announcement: Be excellent to each other.

Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD on steam
<<78910
Page 11 of 11
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Poster Message
Hikari
Level: Smiter
Rank Points: 437
IP: Logged
icon Re: DROD on steam (0)  
Steam Perfection is showing up as being published on CaravelNet, but Steam The Choice isn't. Was a change of some sort made to the hold?

12-01-2016 at 07:27 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
uncopy2002
Rank Points: 377
A related issue: Steam Beethro's Teacher is an older version of the hold, so it shows as "(Updated!)" in the hold selection menu and, of course, aren't shown as published on CNet. You can't actually update it by downloading either.
12-03-2016 at 06:14 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Tablesaw
Level: Goblin
Rank Points: 28
I'm having trouble importing the Official Holds into The Second Sky on Steam. I have all of the DLC activated on CN and have added the Steam keys, but I can't get them installed through Hold Import or from Steam.

12-18-2016 at 11:48 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
DezzTech
Rank Points: 314
You can only install them as DLC for GatEB, not TSS.

12-19-2016 at 04:04 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Tablesaw
Rank Points: 28
quote:
DezzTech wrote:
You can only install them as DLC for GatEB, not TSS.

I currently have a player file with progress over lots of different holds. If I load it into GatEB and TSS on steam and make progress in each, will the player file stay split forever, or I can import them both to restore them?

12-19-2016 at 10:24 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Tuttle
Level: Smitemaster
Rank Points: 1459
If you start by importing the same .player file into both games, both profiles will keep the same internal ID and you'll be able to merge things later (e.g. back to the standalone TSS, or into a DROD 6 engine).

You only need to worry about a permanent split if you create a brand new profile at some point. In that case, the new profile would get assigned a different internal ID, even if you used the same name.
12-21-2016 at 12:06 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
Hikari
Rank Points: 437
Just throwing this out there again... Beethro's Teacher and Complex Complex are both showing 'Updated!' in the Locations menu on GatEB Steam and saying they're not published on CaravelNet.

12-21-2016 at 04:32 AM
Radiant
Level: Moderator
Rank Points: 133
Hmmmm....

I currently own the holds The Choice and Flood Warning, so that would be half of two different DLC packs. Is there some way of getting this on Steam? Or one of them, at least.

[Last edited by Radiant at 12-31-2016 09:20 AM]
12-22-2016 at 08:44 PM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
Um... Before I buy TSS, is that possible when I already have Gunthro on Steam? They both run on the same DROD 5.0 engine, and I fear I might break both of them by trying to download the same game twice...

If I just ran Gunthro, for instance, but played TSS through it, implying I had TSS on Steam, would that unlock the achievements for TSS, given they're the same game? Or would I have to open the "TSS" game and only then would it properly award my achievements for the challenges I completed?

Conquered TCB! (plenty o' secret rooms though!)

[Usually Camwoodstock | Reddit is Camwood7 | Wikia is Camwood777 | DashNet Forums is Cookiewoodstock]
12-23-2016 at 03:58 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores Quote Reply
kieranmillar
Rank Points: 1307
You can't import TSS into Gunthro on Steam. If you want to play TSS on Steam it comes as a separate app.

(07:23 PM) Pearls: Kieran is correct.
12-23-2016 at 09:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
vittro
Rank Points: 473
Anyone else having trouble with downloading holds through the game on Steam and Linux x64? The download completes, but the hold still appears as "not downloaded" in-game.

12-31-2016 at 12:00 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Visit Homepage Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
jdyer
Rank Points: 316
quote:
Radiant wrote:
Hmmmm....

I currently own the holds The Choice and Flood Warning, so that would be half of two different DLC packs. Is there some way of getting this on Steam? Or one of them, at least.

I am not on the official team but they stated elsewhere if you buy the other half of a DLC set from Caravel then you can get a Steam key, but you can't combine Smitemaster Selections to make a Steam DLC when they are out of different sets.
12-31-2016 at 04:20 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Camwoodstock
Level: Delver
Rank Points: 32
Not properly getting Flood Warning after completion of Gunthro still seems to be an issue.

Conquered TCB! (plenty o' secret rooms though!)

[Usually Camwoodstock | Reddit is Camwood7 | Wikia is Camwood777 | DashNet Forums is Cookiewoodstock]
01-01-2017 at 05:28 PM
jdyer
quote:
Camwoodstock wrote:
Not properly getting Flood Warning after completion of Gunthro still seems to be an issue.

I'm a little puzzled; there's no "unlocking" going on. Flood Warning was a Smitemaster Selection bonus hold that came with a purchase of Gunthro on the Caravel Site. (Is it still? The free deal only came from purchase on the site; gog.com or Steam doesn't have it as a bonus.)

If you did purchase from Caravel, the hold should be in your locations. You can play it before even touching Gunthro, the two have no relation.
01-03-2017 at 06:32 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts This architect's holds Quote Reply
Boris Carl Orff
Rank Points: 19
With regard to Flood Warning, I bought GatEB on IGS with a Steam (and Deesura) key. In my game wallet as 'Extras' I have Deadly Music of Death 1 & 2 and Flood Warning. I can download these externally, but would prefer to do it via my Steam version. There are no Steam keys for these 'Extras', but they are DLC on Steam I believe.
Any advice please?
01-06-2017 at 10:15 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Send Email to User Show all user's posts Quote Reply
jdyer
quote:
Boris Carl Orff wrote:
With regard to Flood Warning, I bought GatEB on IGS with a Steam (and Deesura) key. In my game wallet as 'Extras' I have Deadly Music of Death 1 & 2 and Flood Warning. I can download these externally, but would prefer to do it via my Steam version. There are no Steam keys for these 'Extras', but they are DLC on Steam I believe.
Any advice please?

This is probably the sort of question for support@caravelgames.com
01-08-2017 at 05:44 AM
Banjooie
Rank Points: 1611
As I recall the official word is now 'no'? There's a sticky on the matter.
01-15-2017 at 04:39 AM
View Profile Send Private Message to User Show all user's posts High Scores This architect's holds Quote Reply
<<78910
Page 11 of 11
New Topic New Poll Post Reply
Caravel Forum : Caravel Boards : General : DROD on steam
Surf To:

Forum Rules:
Can I post a new topic? No
Can I reply? No
Can I read? Yes
HTML Enabled? No
UBBC Enabled? Yes
Words Filter Enable? No